imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
Hello All,
I found this air filter from DNA which is reusable and adds 5more HP to rocket3r 2022.
xKgAUR6.png

DNA ROCKET AIR FILTER WEBSITE

Now, I am considering following options as I already have werkes exhaust installed.

Option 1- Werkes + DNA Filter + Penner map to ECU
Option 2- Werkes + DNA filter + Stock ECU/no changes at all
Option 3- Werkes + Stock air filter + Stock ECU

Some people are telling that after werkes exhaust engine is already running lean and if I change to that DNA AIR filter then engine will become leaner and I need to buy a tune to fix this.

Another person told me that ROcket3R 2022 has Euro5 emissions standard to motorcyle ecu will learn by itself.

I have limited knowledge about engines so I am confused, Can you help me out here? I want to go with option # 1 but I don't know pros and cons :(

Thankyou!!

Last edited:
Penner’s tune is for a stock Rocket. I believe he said the high end fueling in the stock tune was ok. So if you remove the biggest restriction to the flow, the cat, it follows that you need to compensate with more fuel.

The fueling in Penner’s tune is the same as stock above 42% throttle position. The derestriction of the electronic throttle is independent of fueling. Penner has also limited the use of the narrow band O2 sensor (closed loop) to throttle position less than 3.6% except at rpm less than 900, so it’s not a problem for dyno tuning a PCV with the O2 sensor installed.

Hello All,
I found this air filter from DNA which is reusable and adds 5more HP to rocket3r 2022.
xKgAUR6.png

DNA ROCKET AIR FILTER WEBSITE

Now, I am considering following options as I already have werkes exhaust installed.

Option 1- Werkes + DNA Filter + Penner map to ECU
Option 2- Werkes + DNA filter + Stock ECU/changes at all
Option 3- Werkes + Stock air filter + Stock ECU

Some people are telling that after werkes exhaust engine is already running lean and if I change to that DNA AIR filter then engine will become leaner and I need to buy a tune to fix this.

Another person told me that ROcket3R 2022 has Euro5 emissions standard to motorcyle ecu will learn by itself.

I have limited knowledge about engines so I am confused, Can you help me out here? I want to go with option # 1 but I don't want to run into any engine problems later on :(

Thankyou!!

The fueling in Penner’s tune is the same as stock above 42% throttle position. The derestriction of the electronic throttle is independent of fueling. Penner has also limited the use of the narrow band O2 sensor (closed loop) to throttle position less than 3.6% except at rpm less than 900, so it’s not a problem for dyno tuning a PCV with the O2 sensor installed.
so am i good to go? no need to change anything with map?

If you had a stock exhaust, yes. Does the Werkes remove the cat? It could be lean. Has anyone measured the A/F on a dyno with the Werkes?

If you had a stock exhaust, yes. Does the Werkes remove the cat? It could be lean. Has anyone measured the A/F on a dyno with the Werkes?
yes, werkes removes cat but here is the picture from werkes website,
y10k28G.png

Thanks for the info on the filter I always like using high performance reusable filters in my vehicles. I have one question, I just purchased my Rocket 3 GT 221 and I am going through the break in period so I should probably wait until I have a few km's before changing out the air filter?

Thanks for the info on the filter I always like using high performance reusable filters in my vehicles. I have one question, I just purchased my Rocket 3 GT 221 and I am going through the break in period so I should probably wait until I have a few km's before changing out the air filter?
I think you should put it off indefinitely. Penner’s unrestricted tune increases the rwhp to over 170. In the face of that. enhancement by any filter will be unnoticeable. I’ve heard that the new plenum is more efficient than the old but I’d bet that ripping that plumbing out and putting filters on the throttle bodies would have a significant effect, along with decat-ing and retuning.

Back