Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
Is there anyone in the League city, TX area or south Houston who could help me load a tune in my R3. I have tune to try or if you have one that may be better that would be OK also.
I only have a company laptop so I can not load any programes to do it my self, plus not the best with computers.
I dont have anything fancey just a 06 standard with KN and open D&D pipes no baffles. I have alot of decel poping and I think it is do to running to lean.
Any suggestions.

This was made custom for TORs and cat bypass by Tuneboy. Do you have a cable? If you can copy a zip file to a folder on the hard drive and unzip it, you can run TuneECU. You don't have to install it.

Attachments

• 20050DynoFinalMap_TOR_CatBypass_Decel.zip
    146.2 KB · Views: 0
This was made custom for TORs and cat bypass by Tuneboy. Do you have a cable? If you can copy a zip file to a folder on the hard drive and unzip it, you can run TuneECU. You don't have to install it.
Doug, I do not have a cable, that is my other set back. With all the cable issues I see I have no clue which one or were to get it.

I have the tune from Triumph for TORs and bypass in it now, not sure how diffrent TuneECU is. I have no baffles in my D&D's so basicaly I am running straight pipes.

Doug, I do not have a cable, that is my other set back. With all the cable issues I see I have no clue which one or were to get it.

I have the tune from Triumph for TORs and bypass in it now, not sure how diffrent TuneECU is. I have no baffles in my D&D's so basicaly I am running straight pipes.
The custom tune from Wayne MacDonald at Tuneboy is richer than the stock tune for TORs/cat bypass. You can get the cable from Amazon. I got this so I know it works. The TuneECU program is free and the
20050DynoFinalMap_TOR_CatBypass_Decel.hex tune can be read into that program and downloaded to your ECU. If you get the cable and want to do it, I'd be happy to help. It's a bit of a hassle to get the cable hooked up with the computer. What operating system is on your laptop?

The custom tune from Wayne MacDonald at Tuneboy is richer than the stock tune for TORs/cat bypass. You can get the cable from Amazon. I got this so I know it works. The TuneECU program is free and the
20050DynoFinalMap_TOR_CatBypass_Decel.hex tune can be read into that program and downloaded to your ECU. If you get the cable and want to do it, I'd be happy to help. It's a bit of a hassle to get the cable hooked up with the computer. What operating system is on your laptop?

Dougl,
Thank you for your offer. I will orrder the cable and see what I can mess up.
I have windows 7 on my laptop. I have to Be carful because I have specialty programs on my laptop for work. Thinks like EZ touch for HMI’s and RSlogix and vacon VSD soft wear for programing.

Dougl,
Thank you for your offer. I will orrder the cable and see what I can mess up.
I have windows 7 on my laptop. I have to Be carful because I have specialty programs on my laptop for work. Thinks like EZ touch for HMI’s and RSlogix and vacon VSD soft wear for programing.
The only change to the computer is installation of usb cable drivers in the usb hub and in the com lpt in the device manager The cable is a usb device acting as a serial emulator. You need to be able to access and make changes in the device manager. You may not have authorization to do that on the computer.

Last edited:
The only change to the computer is installation of usb cable drivers in the usb hub and in the com lpt in the device manager The cable is a usb device acting as a serial emulator. You need to be able to access and make changes in the device manager. You may not have authorization to do that on the computer.
As long as we can set everything back the way it was It should be OK.
I ordered the cable yesterday

Pm me your email and I'll walk you through the installation. Have you downloaded the Tuneecu program from tuneecu.com?
Dougl,
thank you for all your help and patience. I got this bike brand new back in 06 and have never realy done much to it. Now you have opened up a can of worms for me. lol play time.

Back