The main reason I am considering the Tune Boy right now is to add it to the loan, and with the D&D pipes it will be done yes the power is completely sufficient for not only now but probably later as well, jsut thought it would be easier to do it before picking it up from the Dealer but I might rethink it now.

Freak

The main reason I am considering the Tune Boy right now is to add it to the loan, and with the D&D pipes it will be done yes the power is completely sufficient for not only now but probably later as well, jsut thought it would be easier to do it before picking it up from the Dealer but I might rethink it now.

Freak

How do you add it to the loan? Is your dealer a Tuneboy distributor?

No it would considered as accessories and add-ons, like the exhaust. I may jsut pay for it though so I dont have to pay the interest for the length of the loan.

Freak

If you do not know already if you need a Tune Boy or not to add to the loan, you absolutely do not need it. Why take 5 years paying for an accessory? Wait until you have a couple near death experiences on the Rocket, it won't take long, then reconsider the Tune Boy.

How many speeding tickets do you have on your record right now? Do you need more?

Do you really want to pay more for insurance?

I have no speeding tickets as a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Instructor they tend to frown on those things on my record, but then aain I have taught a lot of the Police in our area as well that might be helping, LOL.

Freak

PF, if you do not exceed the speed limit then what is the purpose in spending hundreds of dollars on a Tune Boy? The Rocket is already the fastest thing or as fast from 0-60 MPH.

The hard part of getting the most out of a stock Rocket is keeping the rear tire from breaking loose and spinning. You may just spin the rear tire more and actually go slower off the line with a Tune boy eliminting the 1st. and 2nd. gear detune.

Once you hit third gear on a Rocket you have already exceeded the legal speed limit in Michigan.

Seems like you ought to ride one of these things first before spending thousands on accessories. Stock it has twice the HP and torque of a Harley big twin with no additional weight.

Just my 2 cents worth, it is your bike and we always should buy the bike that excites us most.

Yes it has more torque than my Harley not twice as much but 50% more. I guess it is the same reason others do the upgrades for the fun of it. These bikes are my tools so to speak to do my job and they are tax deductable for me. Not sure yet what I am going to do as of yet however I have ridden one and they are very nice. I am most impressed with the handling but the power it great as well.

Freak

You can be the fastest, but you can't stop that need to go faster. Nobody buys a Rocket to get from point A to point B at the posted speed limit.

Last edited:
I perform upgrades to perfect a slightly imperfect (due to EPA reg's) work of art and engineering and to tweak it to suit my needs and idea of perfection. Then I take it out on the road and test the limits and performance of the upgrades. Why buy upgrades that you will never use, nor have the will to use, if you do not exceed the speed limit? So, what is the point? I do not understand, it is illogical. So you are going to build a bike that does 170 MPH and a sub 3 second 0-60 and never exceed the speed limit?

You must own a CVO if your Harley has two thirds the torque of a Rocket. So, what Harley do you own?

Don't forget the intake end of things. One can improve that easily by removing the under seat snorkle and installing a $67 K&N filter. Visit this website for accessories and performance parts;

www.newr3.com

Last edited:
Back