TSA - Transmission fault

Ezayakyala

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph RocketR
Brand new bike. Quick shift installed. Have not ridden the bike at all yet. Decided to turn it on today to start poking around the menus. I noticed that when I enabled the Quick Shifter I got this warning. Could this be because the bike needs to learn something from being ridden for the first time? Or is this indicative that the Quick Shifter has an issue. Anyone with the TSA installed seen this before? Cannot ride the bike yet as its -30C here.

Dealer told me to ride it in the spring and see if it goes away., if not bring it in for the first service and they will look at it then.

It shouldn't display that. The QS needs to be properly calibrated when the dealer installs it, I'd suggest that wasn't done correctly, or the shift force sensor module is faulty (voltage too low or high). Service Manual says "If a Triumph shift assist malfunction occurs, the system will be inhibited and the Transmission Warning symbol will be illuminated on the instrument panel."

Ok update time.. it was a beautiful day today so
I took the bike out for an inaugural ride and decided to pass by the dealer and show them the fault. They were super nice and took it back to look at it: the tech said he just reset everything and it all started working. He reactivated the TSA and did the adaptation process over. Thankfully easy fix and no parts required. Hopefully this helps someone else if they run into it.

Thanks for your help. I was able to ask the dealer for exactly as your recommended in terms of taking a look at the calibration.
Glad you got it sorted. The QS is awesome, I’m sure you’ll love it. Once you’ve run the bike in, pinning the throttle and just flicking up through the gears makes it feel like a dragster. 😏🚀

Glad you got it sorted. The QS is awesome, I’m sure you’ll love it. Once you’ve run the bike in, pinning the throttle and just flicking up through the gears makes it feel like a dragster. 😏🚀
Got my TSA installed during my 600mi service today and what a cool feature that is. When I eventually flash Penner's tune it does sound like it needs to be calibrated once more from what seems to have been indicated.

Back