Sorted 'out of range key fob' fault.

Every time i put the key next to the transponder the bike would start, but sitting on the bike it would not some of the time. I took the battery out and made the angle on the 3 bottom contacts to around 100 degrees and the same with the side contacts. AS the battery went back in it seemed to have a better contact and less movement. Since then the bike has had no issues. So i think it was just a case of poor contact with the battery.
I can confirm this - Today I dropped off my Indian Chief for a dyno tune at Mickey Cohen Motorsport (Mickey is a triumph expert, but works other makes as well) he told me exactly this as well. BTW, he says he can tune the new Rockets now.

I can confirm this - Today I dropped off my Indian Chief for a dyno tune at Mickey Cohen Motorsport (Mickey is a triumph expert, but works other makes as well) he told me exactly this as well. BTW, he says he can tune the new Rockets now.
Tune the new Rockets you say?? Do tell more, many interested parties want to know how!!

Yes I’d like to know how he does it, with what tools and what he is able to change and the things still unable to change.

To avoid this orange key on the dashboard, you can start the Rocket 2.5 with any of the keys (with or without battery or spare key) just by putting it on the left rear side under the seat while you switch on the bike.

It is work better if the metallic part of the key is in front of you.

You will not worry anymore about lifetime of key battery, or about this orange key which appeared from time to time on your dashboard

KEY R3 2020.JPG

Back