Triumph Quit Ignoring Your Ignition Problems

there is a fellow captain that makes an keyless ign assy. name decosse.
he is an expert with electricity
now don't pat any attention that he glows in the dark:laugh::laugh:

Or if you re-solder the wires on the bottom the switch, then fit the EB kit you should be fine.
The other option is to fit LED Headlights, these draw a lot less current which is what the problem is with the standard units.

If your Key-switch already showing symptoms, the Relay-Bypass Kit* will not resolve the issue, only prevent it from recurring.
You will need to either repair** or replace the Key-Switch (or alternative option ;)) as well as the preventive measure

* Note that I have provided instruction for a very simple DIY single relay update that mimics the same scheme utilized on the roadster earlier in the thread

**Often the switch can be repaired - the solder securing the wire to the switch plate melts and the wire pulls loose - often you can simply re-solder the joint.

....And does this mean that two keys required, ign and seat lock?

If you DO end up getting a new switch, it is not absolutely necessary to carry two keys;
the switch consists of a top mechanical lock assembly and the bottom electrical assembly - these are coupled together with shear bolts (similar to hose holding the complete switch assembly to the triple clamp)
So you separate the two sections of old and new switches and re-assemble your original lock onto the new switch (or used from ebay - even with missing key is OK for this purpose)

I did the keyless ignition using the instructions found in this forum. I went a step further by buying a matching male and female plug to create a tap in point so I didn’t have to cut into the wires.
Became a plug and pray which will be easy to remove if I ever feel the need to. Because of my size 15 fingers, I couldnt see myself trying to cut and soldering to the harnesswhilst bent under the tank!
Quick Connect - Products - Narva

If you want the single relay bypass scheme, then just follow the direction here:
Parts required - Relay & Socket, Fuse, Wire, Relay Socket Terminals

single_relay_Bypass_2.jpg

Last edited:
I did the keyless ignition using the instructions found in this forum. I went a step further by buying a matching male and female plug to create a tap in point so I didn’t have to cut into the wires.
Became a plug and pray which will be easy to remove if I ever feel the need to. Because of my size 15 fingers, I couldnt see myself trying to cut and soldering to the harnesswhilst bent under the tank!
Quick Connect - Products - Narva
I see why now...it's part numbers 56256 & 56266 on that page.
I wired up between these two plugs to replicate splicing into the loom, if you understand what I mean. So hard to try and explain with writing it.
I'll take a pic over the weekend. It's gonna be cats and dogs this weekend so no riding :(

Back