Triumph GT windscreen on the R, worth it or buffeting?

Hope for your sake you demanded refund.
I kept it and I'm going to use my heat gun to modify the shape to my liking. Think I'm going to add a upward slope to the top lip of it, similiar to the OEM and see how it fairs.

I kept it and I'm going to use my heat gun to modify the shape to my liking. Think I'm going to add a upward slope to the top lip of it, similiar to the OEM and see how it fairs.
I would be very interested to hear more about this when you give it a go. I was thinking about trying the exact same thing.

CalSci sent me the wrong color and their excuse was "we only sell like 4 clear screens a year" as the reason for the mixup. ****ty business attitude about them. And insisted that I give it a shot anyway in case I liked it more. I should have just gotten a refund.
Just got my windshield from them today (clear) missing some of the parts to install. I called and the guy didn't sound too friendly. Said he'd call me back in 15 minutes. That was over an hour ago! Too bad since i got this windshield in 2 days!

Anyone installed the OEM wind screen on their R? Did it make a significant difference or just direct the wind from body to helmet and cause buffeting? And did you think it "ruined" the naked look of the bike?
I'm 5 11 or 6', depending who's asking:), and trying to figure out whether it's worth it or not.

I saw the post for the bigger wind screens from other manufacturers, but I don't want to change the look of the bike. For long rides I have my Indian with the wind "sail" on it.

Thank you.
I have an '18 Rocket 3 Roadster- I finally found a windscreen & fitting kit.... with the few settings- I have the windscreen as low & as far back (towards handlebars) & have buffeting issues- they say lower air deflectors will cure it but parts are OBSOLETE (3 year old bike)- just emailed Triumph Corp for help

No... these are not from lamontser, they are custom made for my Jessica Rocket (hence the picture of Jessica Rabbit on them) I had them made in the UK. I doubt he has the same ones, he may have ones depicting the Union Jack, but these are not those.

edit: Being picky - just looked at the other ones and they are VERY different in size, colour and shape. Mine have the union jack the right way around on both sides, not just a mirror image too... just saying.

The post was about the screens, I tried the GT screen and found it next to useless compared to this one.
Stunning job on the R3r. Just picked up a TFC yesterday. Not used to naked bikes. Keen to know the brand of your screen. Looks like a good option. Cheers

Stunning job on the R3r. Just picked up a TFC yesterday. Not used to naked bikes. Keen to know the brand of your screen. Looks like a good option. Cheers
Clearview has a rough design set up and are working on the mounts now. They said they should have one ready to go by spring. I have always liked their windshields.

I don't have an R, but thought I'd share this windshield, I've never had an issue with wind, the curved lip puts wind over my helmet. Not sure these guys still sell them but very sturdy build, this was the shorter one, think 20 inches and they had a 24 inch too
7Jurock
20211218_100100.jpg

Attachments

• 20211218_100031.jpg
    20211218_100031.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 40
  • 20211218_100041.jpg
    20211218_100041.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 41
6' but long [34"] inseam / shorter torso
So at 6' you still have the smaller 20" shield? Does it keep the wind off of your helmet and chest at higher speeds? The reason I ask is I like the looks of it. I don't know how much longer my Powerbronze is going to last. Any observations so far on the windshield ? They start at 19" and go to 24" I think

Back