Triumph GT windscreen on the R, worth it or buffeting?

I see the Calsci is thicker than the Powebronze at 3mm and the Powerbronze is 4mm thick. I have to say the Powerbronze hasn't met my expectations as of yet. At high speeds (anything over 75 mph) it lays down due to the wind because of it's flimsy thickness. I have to retighten the screws after riding on the freeway and It looks like it's going to shake off of the Rocket because it lays so low from the wind. I wanted to like it and if I was riding around town and backroads all is good but on the freeway it fails miserably. I take the wind in the shoulders and helmet and it's noticeable but not too bad but then again not really good either. I can only speak for the mid screen but yeah, I'm disappointed. I haven't given up on it yet though but a different windshield may be in my future for touring.

I see the Calsci is thicker than the Powebronze at 3mm and the Powerbronze is 4mm thick. I have to say the Powerbronze hasn't met my expectations as of yet. At high speeds (anything over 75 mph) it lays down due to the wind because of it's flimsy thickness. I have to retighten the screws after riding on the freeway and It looks like it's going to shake off of the Rocket because it lays so low from the wind. I wanted to like it and if I was riding around town and backroads all is good but on the freeway it fails miserably. I take the wind in the shoulders and helmet and it's noticeable but not too bad but then again not really good either. I can only speak for the mid screen but yeah, I'm disappointed. I haven't given up on it yet though but a different windshield may be in my future for touring.
Mighty, the extended one like mine does not bend at hwy speed.(120 indicated). I have never had to retighten screws. See if others with same size shield have same problem. Installed correctly?

Mighty, the extended one like mine does not bend at hwy speed.(120 indicated). I have never had to retighten screws. See if others with same size shield have same problem. Installed correctly?
Yes installed correctly. I have a touch of OCD so I make sure. I know others on here don't like the looks of the mid height Powerbronze but I have grown to really like the way it looks on my Rocket. As far as securing the screws It may be that I'm overly cautious and don't want to break the windscreen when I tighten it. I was going to take it off and put it back on for my trip but I want to keep it on for a few weeks and see how it does once I get it tightened to the max. I f***** up my Sports screen on my 2014 Rocket because I put some force on the screws and cracked the windshield so I'm a little gun shy. Maybe I'm just overthinking it and should just go with it but I'm retired so.......

Yes installed correctly. I have a touch of OCD so I make sure. I know others on here don't like the looks of the mid height Powerbronze but I have grown to really like the way it looks on my Rocket. As far as securing the screws It may be that I'm overly cautious and don't want to break the windscreen when I tighten it. I was going to take it off and put it back on for my trip but I want to keep it on for a few weeks and see how it does once I get it tightened to the max. I f***** up my Sports screen on my 2014 Rocket because I put some force on the screws and cracked the windshield so I'm a little gun shy. Maybe I'm just overthinking it and should just go with it but I'm retired so.......
I get it. Maybe others that had the mid size can comment.
Btw I initially put grommets that screws go into the wrong way which caused more movement, play. Dealer noticed it and I corrected. Solid.
Good luck!

I get it. Maybe others that had the mid size can comment.
Btw I initially put grommets that screws go into the wrong way which caused more movement, play. Dealer noticed it and I corrected. Solid.
Good luck!
I've got the mid size screen and haven't noticed it bend. I tightened the screws down pretty good.

Is there place for blue loctite in this case?
And how fast are you riding Mighty that you're bending that windshield :)). You may have a lemon.

I do agree about the looks with 3rd party screens, I did have the same outlook to begin with, but they have grown on me for the practicality some what and don't look terrible from most angles
IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

also provide protection for my phone mounted above the clock.
Hi. Can I please ask what screen you have fitted - looks good to me. Thank you

Back