Tricky Transmission?

has triumph commented on this?/

Think it is about time and someone should contact Triumph direct to get answers for members or have the President or CEo participate on this R3 site. why wait..go to the source...has anyone????:roll:.There is only one person we need to contact??/what do you think?? if not I will ..its the only way to share, to have a relationship with customer members such as us???

Triumph never comments on any problem, nor does any other manufacturer of motorcycles or autos.

They do, however, read through these websites and forums for some unsolicited feedback on their products. In the past there have been some "issues" (Like the Rocket's kickstand and the routing of the rear brake line, to name just two) that have been improved on in subsequent model years, and these problems were first reported on TRat. It takes time put improvements into production and if you are waiting for a retrofit, I think you will be waiting for a very long time. Not gonna happen unless it is a safety recall mandated by the Gov't.

Triumph is a small company that is really trying hard to bring us cutting edge new products. No one is perfect so mistakes may be made in either design or production, that's why they give you a two year warranty.

BTW... John Bloor is the guy you want to call... some where in Hinckley :D

One comment for those purposing that people sit in neutral at a stop light.... stop sign...etc.

By not being in gear at a traffic light, you are running the risk of having a fast-moving enema while you're scrambling to get into gear and get out of the way.

Safety First....

Downshift to first while you're rolling and keep that clutch pulled in... you won't have a problem getting it in (hehe) or getting out in time to avoid an accident ( otherwise know as the "pullout method" for the deviants, not to be confused with the "rythmn (sic) which is a completely different topic)

Last edited:
Tomo:

John B., could be vacationing in Taiwan. They have been having some rather poor weather in England lately and the more tropical setting might be more conducive to his tan......:D

Maybe the guy with the large type face should jump on a plane and fly over to England and ask Mr. Bloor if he'd like to discuss concerns of his products by consumers over tea and crumpets..... I just know that his audience will be granted.....:)

Back