kingmerle

child of the king
Ride
08 R3T
how would you guys compare the sound characteristics of these pipes. I would like my bike to have more rumble than squeal. the performance gains aren't all that important to me. I would only tune for safety reasons not for HP. Also, how much do the tors cost and how hard do they (dealers) hit you for the tune.

I have 2 Rockets. 1 with TOR and 1 with D&D. I like them both. The sound is different. But both are satisfying. My D&D have an extra baffle in them that keeps the note low. I only use 1 of the 3 TOR pipes as they are very loud.

This would be easier if we knew which Rocket you have. I have 3 pipe TORs and I like them. Some others don't share my view and say they are too raspy. I reckon that have more a sports car sound. I haven't heard D&D but I've heard they perhaps are slightly deeper in tone than TORs.

Roadster TORs seem to have a deeper sound and I presume R3T TORs would be similar (?).

If you're after a rumble, Staintunes might be closer to what you want - if you wanted a 3rd option, but they are pretty expensive (and hard to come by second hand). The Roadster ones look real nice.

3 pipe TORs are pretty cheap these days. It didn't cost me much to have to tune loaded by the dealer - around $30 from memory.

This would be easier if we knew which Rocket you have. I have 3 pipe TORs and I like them. Some others don't share my view and say they are too raspy. I reckon that have more a sports car sound. I haven't heard D&D but I've heard they perhaps are slightly deeper in tone than TORs.

Roadster TORs seem to have a deeper sound and I presume R3T TORs would be similar (?).

If you're after a rumble, Staintunes might be closer to what you want - if you wanted a 3rd option, but they are pretty expensive (and hard to come by second hand). The Roadster ones look real nice.

3 pipe TORs are pretty cheap these days. It didn't cost me much to have to tune loaded by the dealer - around $30 from memory.
Thanks for you help.I have an R3T, which is why I posted in the touring section. I never heard of the Staintunes but I am going to look at them now.

Fair enough. But you could help others who want to help you by listing your bike under your avatar. Not everyone looks to see what forum a post is in - I didn't - and not every post goes in the right spot anyway. Just a thought.

Hi there, here's my 2 cents worth. I have on 08 R3T and I have
D&D's on my bike. They seem to work pretty well. Fit and finish
was very nice. My only complaint is that they have a bevel cut
with the long edge at the bottom. It makes contact with the ground
too easily when I'm cornering or leaving a driveway with a steep curb.
The sound is about as much as I would want to go on long tours with.
They can be had for about $635 a set (EBAY). Power increase is probably
very minor (my guess is about 3-4 HP and probably the same for torque).
The other gain is the 15+ pounds lighter that they are over stock. I can't
comment on Staintune other than that they are really big bucks. Good luck.:)

I have heard a couple of R3T's with the two pipe TORS and I think they sound great ! Nice low sound, not to loud, and really brings out the three cylinder sound. I love the sound of engines with cylinder counts dividable by three. :p
thanks for you input. I respect your opinion because of how you have answered other posts on this sight

Back