Making stock pipes louder

rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
Just a thought I have seen where people drill holes in the end of their pipes to get a little more volume. Possibly thinking about this. Cheap was to get a little more sound. Anyone done this? Bought my bike used and everything is stock. I Guess cons are if you dont like it too bad its already done.

Made 2 approximately dime size holes in each pipe and It is a little louder I think but not much difference. That experiment is over. Not sure if it sounds better or not. So it did not make much difference.

More power never hurts but if I want to go fast I get on my zx14, for that matter I feel my fjr is faster also. Just thought maybe it would give it a little more volume. Do not want to put a bunch on money into this bike at this time anyway. Who knows maybe at some point I will get it set up.

I just removed that box under the bike and it went a bit louder, not too much and it went smoother.
Some people call it Cat delete, but there's no cat there.

I just removed that box under the bike and it went a bit louder, not too much and it went smoother.
Some people call it Cat delete, but there's no cat there.
Cat is in collector box for early 2004-2009 dual headlight Rockets ONLY. The cats are in the muffler cans for later single headlight Rocket Tourings and dual headlight ABS 2010 on Roadsters. The cats are VERY difficult to remove and takes hours with big long extension drill bits and pulling bits with pliers. Some have cut open removed and re-welded which takes a lot of skill and probably still a LOT faster than drill and hack . You have been warned 😉

Back