TORs still available from Triumph

IAROCKET, thanks for your interest!

The combination of chrome header head shield, chrome muffler heat shield and black muffler looks OK, but I think it would be better with black heat shields. I am fairly certain they will get powder coated matte black during the winter.

Right now the Rocket is on the lift with mufflers, rear wheel and final drive taken off. Changing the rear tire and greasing the final drive splines at the same time. I'm downsizing to a 200/60 rear tire, which might have been done before, but I've never read about it in the R3Owners forums. That will be posted in a separate thread.

I'll post views of both sides as soon as the TORs are back on the bike.

UPDATE: Here are some pictures of Black TORs with chrome heat shields.

IMG_3838.JPG IMG_3841.JPG

My Black Tors arrived today dented....
Photograph and send them an email and photos. They will ask you to return for a full refund and send them a photo or copy of the return freight receipt and they will refund that too.

Ask me how I know?;)

Ordered mine
Please advise if they say no longer available and return your money.
See update below to @rjsjota post#1.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that TORs are still available from the Triumph factory, but get 'em quick.

I just bought a pair of Black TORs (Part No. 9608144) from the UK for GBP191.67 plus GBP45.00 shipping to Ohio. That's US$300-310 delivered, depending what exchange rate the credit card company decides to use.

UPDATE: Cost was US$313 delivered to Ohio

I think that is a great deal, especially since 2 new gaskets were included. Triumph reduced their official prices on many exhaust systems by 50% a while ago, making the black TOR list price now GBP230.00 for UK residents, remove the built-in 20% VAT for exports. The UK dealer I used (World of Triumph) had no stock, but ordered the kit from the factory, next day shipping. The factory told the dealer that stocks are low, so act quickly if you want some.

Chrome TORs (Part No. 9608077) price has been reduced by 50%, but are no longer available from the factory as a kit. The individual silencers are still available, unfortunately at the old price of GBP399.36 for the pair. This is GBP332.80 net of VAT. Add shipping to the US and it works out to about US$540, which is higher than US dealer price (if he can get them).

Just bought the last set of Touring TORs from Ihrub. When I recently bought my 09 from a friend I had no idea how difficult it would be finding TORs for it. I called two dealerships and they both reported "out of stock" in the US. What is most odd is that they did not seem interesting in ordering me a set, leaving me to wonder if Touring TORs were even available from England.

D&D makes a performance muffler for the Touring but they are in the $800 range, plus I found those for the Classic to be very loud, as did many other riders. I believe Paul Bryant is developing mufflers for the Touring but is not yet ready.

In any event, I'll be glad to receive mine from Oz and get them installed. I've been pretty ill this past week or so and when I was coherent, have been planning spring rides on my fully upgraded Touring. I've always wanted to see the Frank and Jesse James farm in Kearney, Missouri and maybe take a look at Arkansas.

No issues. I got my UPS conformation and tracking #. I paid under $330.00. World Of Triumph seems to be good. I gave my dealer every chance in the world to get them for me for more money.

No issues. I got my UPS conformation and tracking #. I paid under $330.00. World Of Triumph seems to be good. I gave my dealer every chance in the world to get them for me for more money.

What did it cost to ship them? Are they the Triumph Accessory Silencers A/M Triumph Motorcycle Part Number: A9608090. It doesn't say TORs on their web site.

They look like a great resource.

Back