I plan on leaving the headers stock, I like the look
I initially did the same thing on my 2014 Roadster when i had that.
I installed a ramair system (later replaced with triple k&n filters just for the looks) added a decat crossover and installed TORs. The sound was SOOOO different with a far deeper rumble...real nice!
Did the same with my 2016 when i changed bikes but have since put the TORS in the box in my shed and installed a full Jardine header and can system.
If you want to retain the look of the stock headers, there are options from there on down. Paul Bryant (Viking Exhausts) who is a member here makes a crossover cat delete plus real nice cans that will look, fit and sound nice.
Check him out....he will be lurking close by....he is like a great white shark...mention exhausts and it's like blood in the water to him!
Many of our members have his systems and are pleased with his excellent work.

P.S..Check this guy out also....
new-used-triumph-parts on eBay

carandbikemanuals1066 on eBay

Last edited:
I installed a ramair system (later replaced with triple k&n filters just for the looks) added a decat crossover and installed TORs. The sound was SOOOO different with a far deeper rumble...real nice!
Did the same with my 2016 when i changed bikes but have since put the TORS in the box in my shed and installed a full Jardine header and can system.
If you want to retain the look of the stock headers, there are options from there on down. Paul Bryant (Viking Exhausts) who is a member here makes a crossover cat delete plus real nice cans that will look, fit and sound nice.
Check him out....he will be lurking close by....he is like a great white shark...mention exhausts and it's like blood in the water to him!

Thanks! I do appreciate the advice.

A few questions if I may . . .

When you did your intake and pipe upgrades (more air) did the ECU automatically adjust for more air? How was the fuel/air ratio adjusted? What happened when the O2 sensor no longer saw the CAT in the system?

Mine is a tour model. The objective for me is to get a bit more sound. Performance is fine for me, I do not plan on running at 6000rpm so HP is of no concern. Torque, smoothness, good sound, and better throttle response without damaging fuel flow is my objective.

Poking around, I came across these. Not very expensive and they look nice.

2FastMoto Chrome 24" Slash Cut Muffler Pair Cafe Racer Custom Motorcycle Honda | eBay

What would happen if I got the crossover, installed a upgraded air intake and installed these pipes? No more CAT or O2 sensor. What would the ECU do?

I think in your quest to gain power and save money can’t happen unless your a fabricator.
All the generic pipes you have referenced, are not direct replacements that bolt on to OEM brackets. Just because it says fit your rocket, bs. You Will be pissing your money away with all that crap you keep posting.
If you like the factory look you will need a custom pipe, D&D pipes or Tors with a custom made crossover!! Then learn how to use tune ECU and install a canned tune or buy a tuner and get a dyno done. The ecu will not make up for changes to air or exhaust mods.
You will need to spend between 1 to 3k to get it done correctly so your bike will look and run the best it can.
To me it’s spend the money to do it right or leave it stock.

The first mods I did was D&D pipes, ram air filter and a new tune. That will run you around 1k and will wake the bike up quite a bit.
Now I am doing a custom crossovers, a tuner and then a dyno tune. This will cost around 1k maybe a little more, will see.
So 2k for a bike that will run way stronger than stock is cheap!
If you want anymore power than that you will have to do internal mods.

After the Ramair, TORS and crossover were installed, i added Power Commander 5 and had the bike on the dyno.
In my opinion, this was necessary now due to these mods. The tune sorts out the air/fuel ratio and gets the bike running real smooth right throughout the rev range. If you dont get it tuned, it may very well be running lean and lean is not good for valves etc.
The way i see it, is to have an end goal where you want to take the additions to...get the bits as you can afford them and put them on once you have everything. It might take a while but thats ok, at least youre going forward.
This way youre not running around with just the cans on and no tune...

Since we know your bike is a Touring and it is stock, the first thing most owners do to a Touring is download the unrestricted tune PowerTripp made for us several years ago. It unlocks 30 horse power. It works with the stock pipes, TORs and D&D pipes. Touring TORs pipes and D&D pipes both sound great and are not too loud. Either is a good choice. Forget using K&N triple air filters and go with the RamAir kit. A full dyno tune is always best, but with these configurations canned tunes are available on TuneECU.

Back