Burning ankle on 3R exhaust pipe

Jehan

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3R Black Edition
Hello,
Does any body would know about a solution or a parte to avoid burning our ankle on the Rocket 3R ?
Thanks,
Jehan

Attachments

• Triumph - Exhaust Pipe.jpeg
    Triumph - Exhaust Pipe.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 47
Foundry boots work well. You can probably cut off and throw the extra front flappy bit.

I think I still have a pair in the shed if your keen. ;) :cool: :roll: :roll: :roll:

971_m_6.jpg

Foundry boots work well. You can probably cut off and throw the extra front flappy bit.

I think I still have a pair in the shed if your keen. ;) :cool: :roll: :roll: :roll:

971_m_6.jpg
Thank you for this good idea but I was looking for a spare part to install and to cut the heat from the exhaust pipe.

The GT shields dont cover the area in question either. Looks like its the log collection that runsa along the bottom.
I Would look at shields that are designed for harleys. Im sure one could be modded to fit.
You dont need to shield the entire collector, just the small area where your ankle is located.

The GT shields dont cover the area in question either. Looks like its the log collection that runsa along the bottom.
I Would look at shields that are designed for harleys. Im sure one could be modded to fit.
You dont need to shield the entire collector, just the small area where your ankle is located.
I wear tennis shoes at times in the hot summer here. I had heat on my ankle that was 'sorta' hot but not uncomfortable not even at red lights with my right foot on the peg. The shields do a good job in my opinion. If he does wear tennis shoes without socks or sandals then I would agree but my GT shields work good for me and that's how I came up with my opinion. The R has smallish shields and that heat combined with the lower area would make it hotter. My hot spot is my seat, it gets hotter than hell in the summer.

Im not saying my ankle gets hot on my GT, because it doesnt. I think its because on the GT we have the forward pegs. Its all in how a person places their feet on the pegs.
All im saying is the area in question above is not shielded with the GT heat shields.

Back