Thanks Budman. Box arrived in good shape. Pipes look good. I installed the right lower and that alone is plenty loud. Sounds like a diesel farm tractor.

Bill

jerbarb,
i hear you talking!
I put the TOR (Triumph Off Road) exhaust on my new R3R last year. They do sound much better than the stockers; but, they are NOT loud. They do indeed look, and fit the same. The big difference to me was the weight as it was a huge difference. The R3R stockers have the cats inside and the TOR do not. The box connecting the two pipes to the header is hollow on the R3R, so I used it instead of paying the ridiculous price of a Staintune.

I recommend going with tripple K&Ns, a Power Commander V and Auto Tune with a Hanso map installed with the free Tune ECU software. The performance is a VERY noticeable improvement!
1olbull
Where can you get these things?

Where can you get these things?

WOW!
That there is a very OLD post!
I have run CES exhaust with Ram Air intake for quite awhile.
The TORs have become quite rare; however, the K&Ns are readily available.

WOW!
WOW!
Thanks. I am investigating trying to learn. My bike is totally stock and really quiet. It is hard to know what to choose. On my roadstar, I made a mistake and got a really crappy set of pipes which I had to resell at half price. I do not want to make that mistake again.

Thanks. I am investigating trying to learn. My bike is totally stock and really quiet. It is hard to know what to choose. On my roadstar, I made a mistake and got a really crappy set of pipes which I had to resell at half price. I do not want to make that mistake again.

As far as header systems (the best) CES, Viking & @ozrider are the best choices IMHO.

As far as header systems (the best) CES, Viking & @ozrider are the best choices IMHO.
I plan on leaving the headers stock, I like the look. My thought is to open up the machine to more air, better flow without ruining the backpressure. So many guys will run straight pipes on a Harley to get more sound but the loose a huge amount of torque. Seems there is a delicate balance between the right amount of flow and backpressure. Get that screwed up and you have a mess.

I plan on leaving the headers stock, I like the look. My thought is to open up the machine to more air, better flow without ruining the backpressure. So many guys will run straight pipes on a Harley to get more sound but the loose a huge amount of torque. Seems there is a delicate balance between the right amount of flow and backpressure. Get that screwed up and you have a mess.

Send @Paul Bryant (Viking exhaust) a personal message. He will be able to get you where you want to be!!

Back