Tomtom Rider

oldfart

Standard Bore
My son gave me a TomTom Rider as a xmas present, he has had one on his bike for many months and thinks it is great.

It is seems robust and has some good features but the various fittings that came with it are no good for the R3. as they do not fit the large diameter handle bars.

Has anyone fitted this unit to the rocket, possibly on the screen over the dials or knows of a suitable fixing kit.

thanks Mike

It works for me

I used the handle bar mount supplied with Tom Tom Rider diagram 6a of the installation poster, in order to do that I had to replace the screw that clamps the two pieces together with a longer one. Once mounted it is very secure. :D

Re: It works for me

Tester said:
I used the handle bar mount supplied with Tom Tom Rider diagram 6a of the installation poster, in order to do that I had to replace the screw that clamps the two pieces together with a longer one. Once mounted it is very secure. :D

Hi Tester,

I looked at this as an option, pleased to hear that it worked. Did you change the form of the clamp - bend the part so that it fitted better around the handle bar.

thanks for all your replies, I will sort it one way or another

Hi oldfart,
No changing or bending of the clamp required, just remember to use the plastic strip supplied when clamping parts together to stop any scratching and slipping, once screwed together the ball joint is held secure in position. By the way, the two parts being clamped together do not touch parallel and a small gap is evident at the handle bar end, but it does work, glad I could help.

Back