To buy or not to buy?

Agrad

Standard Bore
I’m considering buying a R3 I’ve seen advertised. It’s a 2020 but only done a couple of hundred miles, the (lucky) guy has a few bikes and doesn’t use this one.

A concern I have is other than it being serviced by the dealer it’s been parked in his garage for around 18 months leaving only 6 months warranty remaining. He’s not used it enough to have any issues show up and be fixed under warranty. If I buy it now it’ll just be parked in my garage for 6 months over winter so there will be no warranty left when I come to actually ride it.

Buying an extended warranty is out of the question as its gone past the 13 month purchase deadline, so should I buy this bike which would effectively have no warranty?

Is an R3 solid and reliable enough to own out of warranty or too technical with many things to go wrong?

Is there anything in particular issues/problems etc I should check or look out for when viewing the bike?

There really aren't any chronic warranty issues on this bike other than perhaps key fob detections (which are only a nuisance and I think are primarily user error and only very rarely traced to an issue on the bike) and the rear brake (which is covered by a recall so the warranty period shouldn't matter). I wouldn't have any fear of this bike, but it's a valid point that could be used for negotiations on the price.

My bike has been very solid. No issues at all. I did have the rear brake recall bleed done even though it was functioning perfectly. Test ride it if possible and leverage for a great buyers price. It is a tough time to sell a bike in the north as you hav indicated it might be some time before you can ride it. If he won’t budge on price just remember you have months to shop around.

You can buy extended service with this bike. I did with mine over a year old.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211015-132321_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20211015-132321_Email.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 13
Back