Tires of choice for roadster

Believe me - you'll see thinner here. I can still recall traveling from Madrid to Ronda in the mid '90's. The main road from the motorway to Ronda was still cobbles - and I do not mean a couple of patches.
Yea well the AP-7 kicks ass! it was the only time in my life I traveled in excess of 130MPH and didn't worry about getting a ticket. The first time I passed a cop (in a little Renault), I was concerned. By the end of the trip I was passing them at 120mph like it was my job!

The AP's are toll roads so are better. As is any road with an E (Euro route) number.
As for the speed - That was a while ago at a guess. It's now a valid revenue stream. And the GC have some VERY fast twin Turbo Nissans.

The AP's are toll roads so are better. As is any road with an E (Euro route) number.
As for the speed - That was a while ago at a guess. It's now a valid revenue stream. And the GC have some VERY fast twin Turbo Nissans.

As is the way with all things fun, they come to an end in the interest of government revenue....

It was early 2K (I think 2001 maybe).
I was traveling between Barcelona and Malaga.
There was a posted sped limit, but NOBODY followed it. The locals I talked to told me about not needing to follow the speed limit. Stiil took me about 50km of travel on the road before I said "F it" and started running with the pack.

Thing that impressed me the most, EVERYONE passed only on the left and then got the hell out of the passing lane. In Pittsburgh as many other places in the US, there are people whose sole existence is to forever slow down the people trying to pass by traveling slow in the passing lane.

Look another squirrel....Sorry Eugene! :oops:

Look another squirrel....Sorry Eugene! :oops:
Well Not All Squirrels are bad.
imageprocessor.php

"Thing that impressed me the most, EVERYONE passed only on the left and then got the hell out of the passing lane. In Pittsburgh as many other places in the US, there are people whose sole existence is to forever slow down the people trying to pass by traveling slow in the passing lane." :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Texas as well! A four lane Interstate with three lanes of Asshats driving 5 to 10 MPH below posted limits. Not to mention all the sand and transport trucks!

Idiocracy was a documentary not a Comedy.

Put Avons on and so far I am impressed by their behavior. Ambient Temps rose to around 94 F the other day and definitely noticed the "sticky" factor increased:thumbsup:

Believe me - you'll see thinner here. I can still recall traveling from Madrid to Ronda in the mid '90's. The main road from the motorway to Ronda was still cobbles - and I do not mean a couple of patches.

Like Roman Cobbles? :eek:

Just dropped off my rear wheel and a Exedra Max, this will complete the fitting of all four tire options on my bike :p

Avon only had another 2-3 k miles left anyways lol, so thats:

Metz: 3400 replaced with maybe 500 left on tread
G852: Replaced at first opportunity but wasn't going to last.
Avon: Replaced due to bolt with 2k miles and a race day on it, maybe would have made it 5k.

Hope to have good reports soon!

Will be doing the same. Plan on dropping the Ct for a Exedra Max. Will follow 1olbull on front tire recommendations. Size and tire make.;);););););)

Like Roman Cobbles? :eek:
The romans maintained their roads. :coffee:

In all fairness things here are generally not that bad. BUT I did encounter a road so bad it took me over an hour to do 25kms on the R3. Tried to turn around but the rise edge-to-centre was so pronounced the sump grounded - Again to be fair I discovered once in the trap that there had been a huge forest fire a couple of days before which made the tarmac very odd.

First ride report on Exedra Max.

Good impressions, but exposed the weak link, Steering Bearing is loose but can't tighten the nut anymore so new ones going in soon.

Tire, well it feels largely similar to the Avon, smooth non ill manners, maybe the slightest big slower to steer for my bike. Ripped a few twisties scrubbing it in, has no less grip than the Avon in warm dry weather. No weird "new tire" slick feel.

Coming off a hairpin at high lean and cranking it open in second fully yielded lots of go, no spin, like the Avon.

Can't recommend one over the other tbh, both grip great!

Back