Tires of choice for roadster

First ride report on Exedra Max.

Good impressions, but exposed the weak link, Steering Bearing is loose but can't tighten the nut anymore so new ones going in soon.

Tire, well it feels largely similar to the Avon, smooth non ill manners, maybe the slightest big slower to steer for my bike. Ripped a few twisties scrubbing it in, has no less grip than the Avon in warm dry weather. No weird "new tire" slick feel.

Coming off a hairpin at high lean and cranking it open in second fully yielded lots of go, no spin, like the Avon.

Can't recommend one over the other tbh, both grip great!
NEW BRGS ? thats crazy

$ell tired and drunk lets go. After doing a lot of research figured the Exedra max and proper front tire and size will make a big difference in how the bike handles. Not much on the math department but even I can figure that out given enough time. 1olbull already had it figured out. So if you would please send me proper back tire size ,proper front tire size and makes. I run a car tire right now and a Dunlop Elite on the front. Handles okay but know we can do better than that. Going to have to increase handling performance to match engine performance. Got front springs on order and improved aftermarket shocks (Progressive ) How you doing Imfasttoo? To bad they ain't got any tornados in P.A. Would love the #ell out of how you out road one on your stock tires.

Avon Front: 140/75R17
Exedra Max Rear: 240/55R16

You'll like it Sonny, from all reports they last a while too!

$ell tired and drunk lets go. After doing a lot of research figured the Exedra max and proper front tire and size will make a big difference in how the bike handles. Not much on the math department but even I can figure that out given enough time. 1olbull already had it figured out. So if you would please send me proper back tire size ,proper front tire size and makes. I run a car tire right now and a Dunlop Elite on the front. Handles okay but know we can do better than that. Going to have to increase handling performance to match engine performance. Got front springs on order and improved aftermarket shocks (Progressive ) How you doing Imfasttoo? To bad they ain't got any tornados in P.A. Would love the #ell out of how you out road one on your stock tires.
I only run a stock rear tire on my Roadster for max traction at the drags I run smaller 130 and 140 front tires on both bikes and an 18 inch rear on the CF BST WHEELS on my classic Sorry SUNNY ONE I dont ride in storms if I can help it LOL Its a lot more fun when its DRY and warm and sunny

Avon's are ok. Just do not like how they handle in cold weather. Real quick take offs ain't much better. Way to much spin.

Avon Front: 140/75R17
Exedra Max Rear: 240/55R16

You'll like it Sonny, from all reports they last a while too!

I had been running the 150 section Avon with the Exedra Max-it was much better than the stock Metzler's, took far less pressure on the bars to countersteer and get the bike leaned over. Was quite happy compared to stock. Just dropped to the 140 over the weekend-difference is impressive! Bike rolls in much more quickly and responds more rapidly. Very neutral steering, no need to hold pressure on the inside bar to hold a line. Feels like a 500lb bike now, not 800.

I had been running the 150 section Avon with the Exedra Max-it was much better than the stock Metzler's, took far less pressure on the bars to countersteer and get the bike leaned over. Was quite happy compared to stock. Just dropped to the 140 over the weekend-difference is impressive! Bike rolls in much more quickly and responds more rapidly. Very neutral steering, no need to hold pressure on the inside bar to hold a line. Feels like a 500lb bike now, not 800.

My sentiments exactly. Exedra Max got a work out today, its 85f outside... I couldn't resist see what it's made of, and, its made pretty **** well!

Back