Tires of choice for roadster

Since we are back on tires...
I run a Bridgestone Exedra Max on the rear, and Avon Cobra up front. Never had any issue with traction. Never had problems keeping up with anyone in the twisties, even 2up.

Original Metz rear only lasted 3500 miles, and front was so cupped by 4500 miles it had to be replaced.

That's about it for my attention span. Look a squirrel!:p

So ................ can the front 150 be safely replaced with a 140 to improve low speed manouvering? ...... and would you say it makes a noticeable, beneficial, improvement. If so, is the Cobra the best 140 choice?

For all your questions the answer is yes. 140/75R17 V.

Since we are back on tires...
I run a Bridgestone Exedra Max on the rear, and Avon Cobra up front. Never had any issue with traction. Never had problems keeping up with anyone in the twisties, even 2up.
Original Metz rear only lasted 3500 miles, and front was so cupped by 4500 miles it had to be replaced.
That's about it for my attention span. Look a squirrel!:p

I have ridden with Steel and he speaka da truth in this post! :thumbsup:

Having never been to the USA, I'm not familiar with your road surfaces but believe they are asphalt and concrete?
We have asphalt here in NZ with some surfaces really rough with small sharp stones and others quite smooth. You can see from the photo the thickness and texture of the asphalt.
I run a Bridgestone Exendra max on the rear and get around 10000kms on these roads.
I must add...this is after one of our recent Earthquakes along the east coast of the South Island.
eight_col_Cracks.jpg

That's some thin asphalt. Major construction work being done on Hwy 75 here in Oklahoma. They are even replacing the bridges. I travel this highway daily 114 miles round trip. Construction project is estimated to be completed by the end of the year. It will be smooth sailing when completed. :):):):):):) lots of concrete and asphalt.

Back