Tires of choice for roadster

Read: 245/50R16 Kumho Ecsta Ku1
Front: Avon Cobra
IMG20170515152143.jpg
IMG20170515152329.jpg

IMG_0293.JPG What up. I am not a #amn Yankee. We are 100% OKIE. Besides anybody up to getting their butt kicked in a game of 301?:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky: Went to the state competition that year and won. Ended up in Las Vegas and took fourth place overall National. Love the game and still play when I can. Hello Mates? The National title trophy is in a little bar down in Mcalester Oklahoma. Gave it to them for their support and love of the sport. Still displayed to this day. Cheers. Not all of us play Baseball and eat apple pie. ;);););););)
Going by the photo - does the sun shine out from the front of your "Y's" rather than the rear of them like the rest of us?;):p:D

And I ain't even starting drinking yet - planning to finish my 3/4 bottle of 12yr Chivas Regal this afternoon and evening and get rid of this f*ckin cold that's been plaguing me for over a week! It hasn't worked so far this week but I like persistence and I am going for a ride with @Turk and @The Kiwi tomorrow!

Read: 245/50R16 Kumho Ecsta Ku1
Front: Avon Cobra
IMG20170515152143.jpg
IMG20170515152329.jpg

@Turk How do you find that Kumho KU31 in the wet?
Kumho Product Guide

These CAR reviews were not impressed at all! Cars not bike use but aquaplaning is aquaplaning after-all.

Kumho Ecsta KU31
Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Review Max Performance Tyre Test - 7th of 7 tyres

• Positive - Price
  • Negative - Grip and control on wet pavement, low resistance to aquaplaning, grip and handling on dry pavement
  • Overall - The Kumho KU31 looks smart, but unfortunately doesn't deliver in test. On wet roads the performance is mediocre with plenty of understeer and poor aquaplaning performance, and in the dry the braking distance from 62 mph is almost 4 meters longer than the best on test, which means when the Continental had stopped, the car would still be travelling at near 20 mph! Not the best option for road or track.
2010 EVO FWD Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Negative - Good dry pace
  • Overall - Poor wet performance, lowest subjective score.

@Turk How do you find that Kumho KU31 in the wet?
Kumho Product Guide

These CAR reviews were not impressed at all! Cars not bike use but aquaplaning is aquaplaning after-all.

Kumho Ecsta KU31
Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Review Max Performance Tyre Test - 7th of 7 tyres

• Positive - Price
  • Negative - Grip and control on wet pavement, low resistance to aquaplaning, grip and handling on dry pavement
  • Overall - The Kumho KU31 looks smart, but unfortunately doesn't deliver in test. On wet roads the performance is mediocre with plenty of understeer and poor aquaplaning performance, and in the dry the braking distance from 62 mph is almost 4 meters longer than the best on test, which means when the Continental had stopped, the car would still be travelling at near 20 mph! Not the best option for road or track.
2010 EVO FWD Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Negative - Good dry pace
  • Overall - Poor wet performance, lowest subjective score.

Didn't notice anything different than the Goodyear Eagle F1 I had. Other than being 245 than 225.

Did rain and all. Cars are heavy man I think that makes a difference. Like apples and oranges

Eugene, Eugene, Eugene,

You need to spend a little more time here. This is the R3 Owners Forum way. The first 2-3 pages tend to be really useful information, followed by bedlam (ESPECIALLY on the weekends when everyone's drinking), then sometimes it drifts back to topic. Don't try to fight city hall....:D

I swear you guys have A.D.D.

And that's good..... :D

My personal preference is the Bridgestone exedra max on the rear, and I've been using the Avon on the front, and if I take my hands off of the throttle while decelerating the front end shimmy's, so that sucks.

AVON COBRA is the best tire for handling and they last quite well. Rocky Mountain ATV is the place to buy. I just purchased a set from them.

Front 140/75R17 67V ($106.88 April Sale Price) Avon Cobra AV71 Front Motorcycle Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
FYI: This front is the one size smaller than standard size for better handling and better turn in. RMATV does not offer the standard size in a V rated tire. They only have it in H rated.

Rear 240/50R16 84V ($203.88 April Sale Price) Avon Cobra AV72 Rear Motorcycle Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Avon Cobra Tyres.jpeg

Still is a good place to get Avon Cobras. I just ordered a rear tire for $233.00 with free delivery.

Jamie

Having never been to the USA, I'm not familiar with your road surfaces but believe they are asphalt and concrete?
We have asphalt here in NZ with some surfaces really rough with small sharp stones and others quite smooth. You can see from the photo the thickness and texture of the asphalt.
I run a Bridgestone Exendra max on the rear and get around 10000kms on these roads.
I must add...this is after one of our recent Earthquakes along the east coast of the South Island.
eight_col_Cracks.jpg

Looks like a lot of our downtown main streets in Toronto..The cracks not the thickness... Anyone who thinks I'm kidding... I'm not!

@Turk
Could you please provide a link to that LED tail light I see on your rear fender?

Back