I'm have not converted to the Dark Side yet, but I did exactly the same thing Friday, knowing full well that I had a good chance of getting wet on the way home.

I will say the Avons did very well, I even had her up to 90 MPH in the rain, keeping
ahead of the cagers and blowing the rain off my helmet. Never felt unsecure at all.
The Metzelers were fine in the rain as well.

[
Actually, the heavier rains had let up by the time I headed out, and I only had a lot of ponded road surface to deal with; and maybe a fair rate of rain pelting me along 80 mph.

The point is: This fatty dun a very very fine job indeed.

This was for a fact the first 30 mile ride in a tropical depression feeder band on a two wheeler I have behind me. I must mention the many many hundreds of hours I have behind me, flying into hurricanes. And like the WC-130 I worked aboard, I had as much confidence in the Fat Bottom Girl having gone over to the darkside. :cool:Good to hear, I haven't encountered the rain yet.

For those of you poor lost souls that couldn't make it to E.S. this year, just wanted to give you a Dark Side report and let you know that of the three that I know of that was there, they all handled perfectly and was put to the test on the "Pigs Tail". Very twisty highway it is. So far I am very happy with mine.

As a non-darksider, I can say, after riding behind Snuff and seeing how the tire handles in corners, and knowing that Greg made it through the Pig's Trail twice, I'm convinced that there's no safey issue to going to the dark side.. :)

Dark side this dark side that, is that all anyone talks about these days shees it's just tires. OOppss was I typing out loud:D:D
Never make me go dark never:eek::eek:

Dark side this dark side that, is that all anyone talks about these days shees it's just tires. OOppss was I typing out loud:D
Never make me go dark never:eek:
In this post E.S. world that I now find myself in...I'm bored. I'll try to think of something more interesting. How about white toast vs. wheat?:eek::D

Lester

Yes the thread was originally about whether Snuff should go dark or stay white. Now after seeing him in person I think he would be ugly either way:kick:

Back