Tarting up the R3, K&Ns & stuff!

I don't believe that it is a good idea to run either the RamAir or the K&N Pod Filters with out cutting the Bear Claw.

The stock system has the Engine draw cold air through the back/bottom of the riders seat.
Fitting either of these Filters and not cutting the Claw will have the Engine drawing warm/hot air in from across the top of the Engine.

This is not good.
Thanks, i am formulating a cunning plan. Like the look of your work, maybe later.....

I've also noticed that the very bottom of the front forks seem to be pitted or corroded, could be a laquer finish thats perishing(?) but it looks crap and I need some suggestions to rectify.
Mike.

I have the same "problem" and have no idea how to fix that either. Tried steel wool and lots of Original Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner and Polish.
I wish I could fit some of those fork guard things on the touring that the roadsters have, too. Is that possible?

I have the same "problem" and have no idea how to fix that either. Tried steel wool and lots of Original Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner and Polish.
I wish I could fit some of those fork guard things on the touring that the roadsters have, too. Is that possible?
Ive spent some time and money trying to sort this with various abrasives and polishes etc and it still looks bloody horrible. Trying not to look at it!

Cut Bear Claw.

IMG_1412.JPG

1.jpg

IMG_20141005_162843.jpg

Would it be practical to put a plate behind the ram air to reduce hot air pick up, yet retain the full claw? Or is cutting more effective?

Nobody has mentioned the Ozclaw. Wouldn't that work well with either Ramair or K&Ns in terms of flowing cooler air than a closed bearclaw?

I'd appreciate any comments about rain affecting the Ozclaw or exposed K&Ns as well.

Nobody has mentioned the Ozclaw. Wouldn't that work well with either Ramair or K&Ns in terms of flowing cooler air than a closed bearclaw?

I'd appreciate any comments about rain affecting the Ozclaw or exposed K&Ns as well.
I've seen the ozclaw and don't really like the look of it. From what I've read rain should be no problem on either k&n or ramair.
Am talking to a custom metalworker about another option. If it progresses will post here about it.

Post a picture of your bike as it could be a roadster
I thought the classic ended in 2009.

You’re right Dave. It can’t be a 2010 Classic. It can be either a 2010 (Roadster) or a (2009 or earlier) Classic. Roadsters only came in black, later ones with stripes, and had ABS. Classics only came 2 tone, no ABS. I’d actually say that if it’s the bike in the avatar it looks a little like it might not be a Classic either but a Standard. Not that it really matters. ;)

Welcome from NY. Here is an example of "Tarting gone wild"...
My 2005 R3 mod list to give you some more ideas ( although many of these items are sadly out of production now).

1. Triumph Metal-flake Orange Tribal Paint upgrade
2. Triumph Metal-flake Orange Tribal Fly Screen
3. Triumph Chrome Oil Tank
4. Triumph Chrome Cam Tensioner, Axle, and Engine Bolt Covers
5. Triumph Chrome Frame Covers
6. Triumph Black Knee Pads and Tank Pad
7. Rivco Chrome Rear Caliper Cover
8. Rivco Chrome Front Caliper Covers
9. Rivco Chrome Swing Arm and Drive Shaft Covers
10. Rivco Chrome Engine Guard
11. Rivco Chrome Exhaust Flange Covers
12. Rivco Chrome Solo Fender Rack