Tarting up the R3, K&Ns & stuff!

...hey Mike...
Thunderbike Nelson for bars...K&N's you can install yourself...watch and follow the ramair install video on youtube..I watched this video all the way thru...got the tools ready, put the laptop on a stool beside the bike and started pulling things to bits. I would play a bit of the video...stop the video and do that bit...go back a tad and run the video again, do that bit...etc...it works a treat.. .
You can cut the bearclaw yourself with a cutting disc in a grinder if your skills allow...if not, go for the 'Ramair'..just as good and no need to cut the bearclaw away.
You dont need a PCV but it makes tuning a lot easier....Honda Country in Ashburton are the Dyno Jet guys and Brendan and Andrew know their stuff...
Led's, i got mine from JP Cycles online https://www.jpcycles.com/...great selection and service. Installation is easy once you have a plan in mind, you will need to change the 3 pin relay plug which is on the right side of the bike under the right panel. I'm sure its the only 3 pin relay there. This needs to be done to correct the flasher speed on the indicators once led's are installed.You can get this online also. Make sure you get this one.
-dual-load-l.e.d-flasher-relay-unique-flash-rate-fix-new-spec-cf13-gl02-sku-t2500531-1961-p.jpg

You should be able to access bolts and nuts easy enuff...if you cant get them local then give Blacks Fasteners in ChCh a buzz..i'm sure you have them in Blenheim too..
Blacks Fasteners supply a superior quality fasteners and tools, including Fischer fixings, supported by an experienced sales and service team to builders, engineers, trades and customers throughout New Zealand.

Cheers Tal.
ramair on order, power commander v on order, o2 sensor on order, forward pegs on order, brake resevoir cover and ss screws on order, new brake and clutch levers on order. I see theres a place over nelson way that has a dyno Murray Mclean Motorcycle Services, but not made contact as yet to see just what services they offer. It's on!!

...Well done Mike....you gonna be busy....get on the dog and bone to Honda Country..Brendan or Andrew...03-3082030. These boys are the Dynojet agents and tune race bikes every week. If your'e spending around 600 slides to buy the PCV it's gonna cost another 400-450 to do the tune.You can install it yourself to save some money but spend the coin to get it tuned right...IMHO.
You could talk to them re installation and a tune if you are a bit nervous about installing it...they supply, install and tune no worries.
On the plus side, you will have to ride her home!!...you will need a lemon to suck to get the smile off your face!!

I don't believe that it is a good idea to run either the RamAir or the K&N Pod Filters with out cutting the Bear Claw.

The stock system has the Engine draw cold air through the back/bottom of the riders seat.
Fitting either of these Filters and not cutting the Claw will have the Engine drawing warm/hot air in from across the top of the Engine.

This is not good.

Just run without the claw. Problem solved as you do live in the town with the most sunshine hours in the country!!

And they still work in the wet.

Back