Stopped in at Seattle Triumph

Small is fine and all but I felt like a man riding a kids bike
Took my endorsement test on an old KZ200. I’m 6’7”. My brother told me after that during the test the lady overseeing it said, looks like a grown man riding a pony. :laugh:

Sure were a lot of guys wishing they could use my bike for the test though! Especially the few who dropped their brand new monster bikes that they had no business riding. Quality entertainment I tell ya.

Au$24,490 Ride Away here in Oz.

Review: 2018 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR - Bike Review
2018 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR Specifications
mvagusta.com.au
Price: $24,490 Ride Away
Warranty: Two-year, unlimited kilometre

Claimed power: 103kW[140hp]@12,300rpm
Claimed torque: 87Nm@10,100rpm
Dry weight: 175kg
Fuel capacity: 16.5L

Engine: Liquid-cooled, in-line three-cylinder, four-stroke, four-valves per cylinder, DOHC, 798cc, 13.3:1 compression, 79 x 54.3mm bore x stroke, Mikuni EFI, MVICS, Eldor 2.0 EMU, RbW, six injectors, EAS quickshifter (up-down)

Gearbox: Cassette style, six speed, constant mesh
Clutch: Hydraulically actuated Wet-clutch, multi-disc with back torque limiting device

Chassis: ALS Steel tubular trellis, aluminium alloy single-sided swingarm,Trail: 103.5mm,

Suspension:43mm Marzocchi USD forks, fully adjustable, 125mm travel, Progressive Sachs single shock, fully adjustable, 124mm travel

Brakes: Bosch 9+ ABS with RLM, dual 320mm floating rotors, Brembo four-piston radial calipers, single rear 220mm rotor, Brembo two-piston caliper

Wheels & Tyres: Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres, Aluminium alloy five-spoke wheels, 3.50 x 17in, 5.50 x 17in, 120/70 – 17, 180/55 – 17

Dimensions:
Wheelbase: 1400mm
Seat height: 830mm
Overall length: 2045mm
Overall width: 875mm

Instruments: Multi-function digital display
Here they are very much a bike to buy second hand. Most scare the living bejeezus out of purchasers. They are used but not abused.
And MV riders seem to be very loyal and trade in at dealers.
I have a mate with two MV F4's (old and new) - and he sold the Brutale as it was scary. And the old F4 is a real sphincter tightener - no ABS, traction control etc. Track Bike - pure.

I need a toy. For me (at 5'8") the R3 is a bit big to wrestle in hairpins. And my old Guzzi is well, old. 39 years old.

Whatever I get would have to be second hand.

My mate with a workshop says he'll disown me if I get a KTM Superduke.
Ducati? - nope - been bitten by that wallet sapper twice.
May be I can get Sergi to lend me one of the F4's for an extended test.
I'd happily buy another Buell - but an early 97/98 model. But they are as rare as hens teeth here (never sold in Spain) and importing is a hassle.
Speed Triple? - Street Triple? - Daytona is too extreme riding position for my bones.

I used to be a rider trading instructor for a Not for Profit many decades ago and we had about 8 Dealer sponsored road registered Honda XL100 training bikes.

Great fun little things they were with trails tires on the school grassed oval with the orange witchs' hats. Despite the tiny 100cc single four stroke they were quite good for teaching throttle steering.

Later we got Yamaha SR185 cruiser singles and the instructors had a ball running them in (Ahem :rolleyes:) on a 200 mile return to a pub out of town on the Kakadu H'way.
Slipstreaming flat chat at 110kmh on the tank with feet on pillion pegs as much as a 6'1" 20 stone ( 280lb) could be. I was certainly faster behind someone than in front.;):D

Here they are very much a bike to buy second hand. Most scare the living bejeezus out of purchasers. They are used but not abused.
And MV riders seem to be very loyal and trade in at dealers.
I have a mate with two MV F4's (old and new) - and he sold the Brutale as it was scary. And the old F4 is a real sphincter tightener - no ABS, traction control etc. Track Bike - pure.

I need a toy. For me (at 5'8") the R3 is a bit big to wrestle in hairpins. And my old Guzzi is well, old. 39 years old.

Whatever I get would have to be second hand.

My mate with a workshop says he'll disown me if I get a KTM Superduke.
Ducati? - nope - been bitten by that wallet sapper twice.
May be I can get Sergi to lend me one of the F4's for an extended test.
I'd happily buy another Buell - but an early 97/98 model. But they are as rare as hens teeth here (never sold in Spain) and importing is a hassle.
Speed Triple? - Street Triple? - Daytona is too extreme riding position for my bones.

2006-2008 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 ABS cheap as chips now and Sports Tourer of the Decade. the 2007 to 2008 models had 1" taller bars which suited most and many retrofitted to earlier '04-'06s or boiught risers. Still a great all rounder and plenty of room for you.

Oddly I was going to tray a graft the fairing from the earlier Sprint (1998ish) onto the R3. Anything pre 97 has some advantages HERE for MoT's etc. Hmmmm

Yeah the earlier Sprint 955s were great machines too but personally I much prefer the 'cats eyes' to the 'frogs eyes' fairings.

Yeah the earlier Sprint 955s were great machines too but personally I much prefer the 'cats eyes' to the 'frogs eyes' fairings.
Really? - It's like Speed Triples - I prefer the round lights. Street Triples are seriously cheap second hand - but we know why - they have been THRASHED.

I just took my wife’s Yamaha 650 to get gas.. no more than 2 miles and I was quite enjoying myself. It flicks in and out of turns with so little effort. The rocket is great, but it cannot turn like a 500 pound bike.

I should probably stop riding it. I’ve held off the urge to go to the KTM dealer, that 650 will make me start looking at flickable bikes again.

Back