Stopped in at Seattle Triumph

Interesting that you started this thread Rob. I was going to do the same after having them work on my Rocket last week. I had the fluids changed, final drive, brake and coolant. I think the location stinks, with heavy traffic and no parking, and did not enjoy the ride down 99 from Edmonds. I'm not a city boy though.

Everyone I met there was helpful and courteous, from the time I rode up to the service door until riding away. Excellent team. I think it's a very good dealership and to me had kind of an old school feel about it. I sure wish they were closer.

I had breakfast at the old Beth's Cafe.

Yeah I agree. Love the shop, attitudes are good, location is balls, road in/out sucks.

If it weren’t so **** far I’d consider working there.

Triumph is hard to figure for sure. You'd think with Triumph supplying all the motors for Moto2, for the next few years, that they'd be doing all kinds of publicity etc. Nope. And in a way, they took a hard hit, after all the hype about the Rocket land speed record, Guy Martin and all. I wonder where that 2 engine'd missile is at now?:banghead:

Yeah I agree. Love the shop, attitudes are good, location is balls, road in/out sucks.

If it weren’t so **** far I’d consider working there.

Just curious - Have you been to I-90 in Issaquah?

Interesting that you started this thread Rob. I was going to do the same after having them work on my Rocket last week. I had the fluids changed, final drive, brake and coolant. I think the location stinks, with heavy traffic and no parking, and did not enjoy the ride down 99 from Edmonds. I'm not a city boy though.

Everyone I met there was helpful and courteous, from the time I rode up to the service door until riding away. Excellent team. I think it's a very good dealership and to me had kind of an old school feel about it. I sure wish they were closer.

I had breakfast at the old Beth's Cafe.

Beth's Cafe? That brings me back... I ate their 12-egg omelet served on a bed of hashbrowns on a pizza pan at like 3 a.m. some 15 years ago.

Triumph is hard to figure for sure. You'd think with Triumph supplying all the motors for Moto2, for the next few years, that they'd be doing all kinds of publicity etc. Nope. And in a way, they took a hard hit, after all the hype about the Rocket land speed record, Guy Martin and all. I wonder where that 2 engine'd missile is at now?:banghead:

I wondered this too, gone awfully quiet hasn't it?

My best friend Kevin rides a T Bird LT and every time we are around other bikers our bikes never fail to draw the most attention.
Most have no clue what they are and have no idea Triumph made such bikes.
The failure of these bikes to gain in popularity are no fault of a quality product. It is purely Triumphs inability to understand and promote their products in the Market place.
Indian does a great job promoting their demo days and every rider in town knows they are here.
Even if Triumph does not have a dealer in an area they could still do demo days to promote their products.

upload_2018-6-14_18-7-1.png

Looks to be good times had by all! :thumbsup:
I wanted to go there, but restrained myself. :eek: :confused:

Triumph need to get their **** together tbh.

They've abandoned all facets of sport touring, high torque cruisers, and sportbikes, which are three of the most popular categories of bikes...

Unfortunately, they may be the most popular /I would doubt sport touring bikes at least/, but these segments are declining, AND are dominated by very strong competitors. For a small Triumph this is wrong place to fight (and it almost broke their neck in the past). Adventure bikes for middle aged men with money and retro toys for ladyboys and lumbersexuals - these are the growing market segments where Triumph can reasonably compete and make money. Triumph is a niche player, so the focus on specific growing segment is really smart strategy. Not sayin I like these particular types of bikes, but it delivers $ and they do not have to spend fortune on advertisement. We should enjoy RIII until they keep it alive. RIII is a true relict these days.

Only mighty japanese manufacturers can afford serving all major motorcycle segments. Or maybe just Honda. Everybody else has to focus.

Just for comparison, in U.S., Triumph sells about 13k bikes annually (globally about 70k bikes per year) - Honda does the same in just two weeks (globally about 20M bikes per year)..

Back