But I am right in assuming the TT600 kit is a close starting point then?

If so it just jumped to the top of my mods list, need to kill the head shake when flat shifting 1-2 and 2-3, it’s a little much.

Yes the TT600 picture you posted looks like Allen Rothwell's which is an early '05 -- it has the original flip forward gauge mounts. Ease of accessing the pin/tank bolt to lift the tank.

So here is a shot with the gauges flipped forward.

IMG_20130705_162128_298.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I’ll be ordering a setup for a TT600 and trying to document it.

Seems to be the easiest route to a functional damper.

Windshields on our Rockets suck! Mainly because they are mounted to the forks. Just put one on my 2013, and I don't really like it, because of that. Little gusts of wind really effect the steering. I'm almost afraid to see what it does when I pass a semi going the other direction on a 2 lane. I'm leaving the shield on the 2013, to be my rough weather bike, and have my 2005 w/Jardine setup, for scooting around town. And the 2005 "Low Rider" for giggles, and the drag strip, "IF" I ever get to it.

Right, so now that I’ve sorted the two things I was mid project on, I’m determined to tackle this.

I’m working on a CAD drawing to integrate the risers, bar clamps, Scott mount, and gauge mount into a 2 piece design that will make this a bolt on fit on the damper side. No idea what CNC costs will be but don’t expect “cheap” and “bolt on” in the same sentence.

For the pin I’ve a relatively inexpensive idea that will require no drilling or modification on the bike.

Need to get some accurate measurements and I should be able to sort the CAD drawing out pretty quickly. Stand by, I’m done waiting for someone to sort this for me, just going to do it myself.

Windshields on our Rockets suck! Mainly because they are mounted to the forks. .
There are two choices for screens on bikes. Attach them to the bit that steers or the bit that does not.

I've had both sorts (on outright Sports bikes, Sports Tourers and now cruisers/bruisers) and frankly I am really not sure which I prefer. Each has it's pros and cons depending on where you are and the road conditions. I think in many ways I prefer Hibrids - like (for example) the Moto Guzzi Lemans-II from the early '80's. I prefer that the lights, especially, stay on the steered bit.

I did have a plan, early on, to mate the frame fairing from a mid '90's Sport Tourer Triumph to the R3. But realised i'd bitten off more than I could take on alone.

Right, so now that I’ve sorted the two things I was mid project on, I’m determined to tackle this.

I’m working on a CAD drawing to integrate the risers, bar clamps, Scott mount, and gauge mount into a 2 piece design that will make this a bolt on fit on the damper side. No idea what CNC costs will be but don’t expect “cheap” and “bolt on” in the same sentence.

For the pin I’ve a relatively inexpensive idea that will require no drilling or modification on the bike.

Need to get some accurate measurements and I should be able to sort the CAD drawing out pretty quickly. Stand by, I’m done waiting for someone to sort this for me, just going to do it myself.
When, Not if you come up with something that is functional let me Know please. Very interested.

Windshields on our Rockets suck!
Question - What Jacket do you use? - I have observed that there is less apparent waggle/buffeting etc when wearing my Vanson Cobra. And noted that it increased a bit when I fitted the BarkBuster BBZ. Also the same Jacket buffets less in Winter (when I have a thick mid layer on) then it does in summer (in open vent zip mode). These are not HUGE differences - but depending on teh incident angle of side winds can affect the experience quite a bit.

The expensive semi-solution is the Corbin Fleetliner Fairing like the one I have on my Rocket. According to Corbin the design moves the pressure wave behind the headstock and does not cause the problems normal windscreen create. All I know is 10 plus years of smooth riding and excellent handling at all speeds makes me believe it works.

The expensive semi-solution is the Corbin Fleetliner Fairing like the one I have on my Rocket. According to Corbin the design moves the pressure wave behind the headstock and does not cause the problems normal windscreen create. All I know is 10 plus years of smooth riding and excellent handling at all speeds makes me believe it works.

No problem with wind gusts? Overtaking a truck at 120+ mph and side wind, or stuff like that. It seems to happen only when ****** rockets or BMW's are around, though...

Back