Hey guys n gals - DAMPER YES PLEASE - I've just fitted, what I am reliably told, is Australia's only coffin deck sidecar to my R3T15 and i've got a sizeable wobble on bumpy tarmac. I can hold it but any minimisation would help Fine if the roads were smooth and level HAHAHAHA i know - dreamin! - Anyone got any suggestions as to what after market damper may work? Can fabricate if need be but rather wouldn't. Also was 'hoping' not to have to bolt a HUGE piston on the thing and make it look too ugly. Any thoughts?

Well I know of a 160mm Toby damper that could be mounted to the side with some effort. It looks big and bulky though, and it points directly to the drivers's leg. I'd rather wait for news from the gurus @barbagris and @warp9.9, seems they might be able to help, eventually. At least, there is hope... :rolleyes:

Well I know of a 160mm Toby damper that could be mounted to the side with some effort. It looks big and bulky though, and it points directly to the drivers's leg. I'd rather wait for news from the gurus @barbagris and @warp9.9, seems they might be able to help, eventually. At least, there is hope... :rolleyes:
Thanks - i'll check that out. I'm also looking at modification of Thruxton and Bonnie ones that seem to be available EVERYWHERE (just my luck) lol

I've been to busy to finish the radial steering damper. I have been home about 7 weeks so far this year. So yo be honest any spare time I might have found has been spent riding. The damper I have been working on can mount to any classic Rocket or any Rocket with the longer classic cables as it does lift the bars almost a inch. Probably ok for me. If the damper works well then I see a complete lower bar mount and using the top bar cap so guage mounting would not change. Anyway can't wait to be able to settle down and play in the shop. I haven't opened the doors up down there for months now. :(

Have seen the over the tree mounted designs on the superbikes.
Much better than the fork to chassis damper style.
Whenever you get it done place me on the buyer's list.
There are many cruisers and racers that would do buy it too.
Patent and market or sell drawings to the established manufacturers.

Scotts_DamperD1.jpg storyimages_katodamper.jpg

If DMX work anything out - they'll almost certainly use a Toby. Scott's work to mount a radial would be WITHOUT ANY DOUBT be the better solution.

I'll take one, PLEASE! I cruise at 80/90, all the time, and when passing, going back and forth, across the stupid center markers, (which seem like they are at least 1" thick) I get a wobble, like a tank slapper about to let loose. I often wonder what it looks like to on-coming vehicles, to see those 2 headlights going back and forth, left to right! It will probably bite me on the butt one of these days, but I didn't buy this monster, to ride slow.;)

If DMX work anything out - they'll almost certainly use a Toby. Scott's work to mount a radial would be WITHOUT ANY DOUBT be the better solution.

The only reason I stayed away from the Scotts style on the R3 is because of the height once mounted and the controls. GPR looked to be a lower profile with the controls in the front not up on top like the Scotts. Another thing is the GPR fits around the modified the triple tree nut where the Scotts is up over the top. I am sure the Scotts is a fine unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back