Have you ever felt the need for steering dampers on the Rocket 3?

topdog999

Standard Bore
Ride
Honda CBR650
Hi guys I'm thinking about purchasing 2023 Rocket 3, however, I wanted to know have you guys had any situation with Rocket 3 where you experienced death wobble/tank slapper due to lack of steering dampers?

Last edited:
Hi guys I'm thinking about purchasing Rocket 3, however, I wanted to know have you guys had any situation with Rocket 3 where you experienced death wobble/tank slapper due to lack of steering dampers?
I haven't, don't expect to

I've always had a bit of a wobble/ slow wag at around 35-40 MPH when I'm slowing down. The amount of air I have in the front tire seems to make a difference. It's not enough to make me do too much about it though. Never had any at all at high speed. (talking 100-110). I have Ride-On in my tires, though.

what year model do you have?
some of the tourings had a problem.
i had a tank slapper at about 40 (was putting on sun glasses) it was a bad front tire now i check moving my hands away slowly from the bars on everynew tire change.

I pegged the throttle at the apex of a fairly sharp curve once and it started to do the wobble but stopped the instant I backed off of the throttle. I dont know if it was the dreaded death wobble or just the front getting a bit light on the curve. Nothing before or since.

Hi guys I'm thinking about purchasing 2023 Rocket 3, however, I wanted to know have you guys had any situation with Rocket 3 where you experienced death wobble/tank slapper due to lack of steering dampers?
Nope, 21, never had an issue that make me thing on that, and I had steering dampers in all my previous sportbikes. Front is pretty heavy, tire is really wide, weight is really low,...

Back