Have you ever felt the need for steering dampers on the Rocket 3?

This thread has just made me realize how slow I ride...... all the peeps with light front end powering through the range, and I'm paranoid she's going to buck me off if I push her.....
Hi Stonk, I am like you...we must be sloow people. I have ridden a few times in the license shredding zone though. I haven't had any issues with steering or wobbles even when bouncing on the pothole riddled things we call roads here in Oz. Most of the time I am at legal speeds (well add 10-20 ks where it is safe to do so - no cops about that is!!) and the rocket is beautifully stable and predictable. Triumph have really sorted handling on the rocket. Maybe there are issues at higher speeds I haven't had issues though at my speeds.

You gotta get that front wheel off the ground, then there's no wobble at all. 😉
My friend texted me last night when I got home from the bar, asked me if I knew my front wheel was off the ground when I left. I told him don't worry, it sits back down for a second when I shift.

My biggest "oh ****" moment was the first time I took my 2022 GT up to around 125mph and I could feel my feet lifting up off the pegs. The air was getting under the soles of my riding boots and lifting my foot. One of the reasons why my next upgrade is going to be switching over the the mid controls of the R model.

I have not pushed her since doing the penner tune, will possible go out the weekend and see still nervous of getting the front wheel up on such a heavy bike.

She only has 2000km on her and that new feeling don't want to drop it, also starting to get cold again.

I have not pushed her since doing the penner tune, will possible go out the weekend and see still nervous of getting the front wheel up on such a heavy bike.

She only has 2000km on her and that new feeling don't want to drop it, also starting to get cold again.
I dont think you need to worry about the front coming up as long as you keep the stability control on.

Stabilizers to me work, at slow speed i fell it, like coming out of driveway, kinda a heavier feeling, not so good, then at speeds they add firmness to steering, ill take any extra help i can get at speeds keeping that front end stable.

Attachments

• IMG_7023.jpeg
    IMG_7023.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7064.jpeg
    IMG_7064.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7011.jpeg
    IMG_7011.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6961.png
    IMG_6961.png
    205 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6960.png
    IMG_6960.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6959.png
    IMG_6959.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6955.png
    IMG_6955.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6956.png
    IMG_6956.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6954.png
    IMG_6954.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6957.png
    IMG_6957.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 21
Here is an old thread connected to the steering damper topic. I will refer to the page where I joined in, but it is especially interesting to check the @Claviger solution there.

Hi guys I'm thinking about purchasing 2023 Rocket 3, however, I wanted to know have you guys had any situation with Rocket 3 where you experienced death wobble/tank slapper due to lack of steering dampers?
not at all, touched 265yesterday kmph / 165mph and didnt feel need for it, it was 80kmph speed limit road :D

Back