squaredeals relay kit

It absolutely does - or at least should
Every Triumph in the last 20 years has had this feature.
If you have an early Roadster then yes, there is a recall which adds a secondary relay to divert headlight current out of the Key-Switch - but that has no impact on the lights switching off when starting which yours still does anyway.
It's pretty much impossible to have them remain on if the starter relay is operating - it cannot simultaneously supply current to BOTH the headlights AND the Starter Solenoid.

I'm going to make a video and post it.

My dealer said that don't have any active recall for my bike

Last edited:
What is your VIN number? (last 6)
Up to 482857 and between 500141 to 503166 are 'early' and should require (or already have been done) the Retrofit;
If outside that range, then it is already incorporated in the original Factory Wiring.

Look behind the Right side-cover - do you have Two or Three relays there?
If Two it is early and the retrofit/recall has not been done.
If Three, it is Late (or the retro has been done)

Then it is Early
If it only has TWO relays behind the Right side-cover then the Recall is certainly valid and it SHOULD be done (even if you DIY yourself)

I'm going to make a video and post it.

My dealer said that don't have any active recall for my bike

You can check for recall yourself - Safety Recall Search | Triumph Motorcycles

I'm not really sure that it would have been classified a 'safety' recall however.
Simplest to just look and see how many relays you have.

I have tried the link and it tells me "No safety recalls". I think this should be the same source for my dealer.
Tomorrow i will check how many relays i have under the right cover.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Yes the headlight switch off when it starts, See the video:

Only have 2 relay:
47452967_1772377409552293_4186942082457272320_n.jpg

Attachments

• 47452967_1772377409552293_4186942082457272320_n.jpg
    47452967_1772377409552293_4186942082457272320_n.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 0
Then you should either insist the dealer do the recall or DIY, per my earlier instruction.
It's a fairly simple mod to DIY

I sent a email to Triumph UK Aftermarket and they said that have information that my bike made the retrofit in June of 2011. Can somenone post a picture how it looks after the the Triumph retrofit to show to my dealer.

Here is the reply of Triumph to my email:

"Dear Luis.

Thank you for your enquiry.

We can see from our records that the recall for the fitment of the relay was carried out on your bike in June 2011, therefore the kit you are enquiring about, ahs already been fitted to your Rocket Roadster.

If you feel that this isn't the case, then please take your bike to your nearest Triumph dealer so that they may examine the bike, and confirm if it is fitted or not.

Best regards
Pete
Triumph GB."

I sent a email to Triumph UK Aftermarket and they said that have information that my bike made the retrofit in June of 2011. Can somenone post a picture how it looks after the the Triumph retrofit to show to my dealer.

Here is the reply of Triumph to my email:

"Dear Luis.

Thank you for your enquiry.

We can see from our records that the recall for the fitment of the relay was carried out on your bike in June 2011, therefore the kit you are enquiring about, ahs already been fitted to your Rocket Roadster.

If you feel that this isn't the case, then please take your bike to your nearest Triumph dealer so that they may examine the bike, and confirm if it is fitted or not.

Best regards
Pete
Triumph GB."
Could be an unscrupulous dealer* claimed to have done it for the records and his small fee but didn't because the factory NEVER pays his true costs of doing a recall refit job and most of the owners would not know anyway.

Ker-ching, money for nothing!

*There could be more than one too! ;):eek::D

Back