Difference Between Touring and Roadster Heated Grip Kit?

Tonester

#justsayin'
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hi guys,
I have been looking to buy a Triumph heated grip kit. Are the Touring R3 and the Roadster kits the same? (wiring etc.) In the kits I saw in the Triumph sale, the only difference I could see was the different design on the grips... I have a Roadster but I prefer the grip style shown in the Touring kit. Hope that makes sense:thumbsup:

Thanks
T.
touring-heated-grips.jpg

Touring version (as advertised)

Roadster-heated-Grips.jpg
Roadster version (as advertised)

Everyone I have spoken too says the Triumph ones are very overpriced and known to fail regularly. I got an Oxford 'Hot Grips' one for 1' cruisers - works brilliantly. You use the provided grips but you can trim the ends and fit end weights or mirrors etc.

I got mine from Poland on eBay where they are about $50 less than here in Oz with free international postage but when I last checked the Cruiser 1" models were gone from the site I purchased from. I thi9nk they were US$80 delivered. i did notice that other Polish sites offer Oxford gear the cheapest. Must be made there and production staff pinch them to re-sell - who knows.

Just for you also found a place with cheap replacement side panel badges.

Triumph Rocket III Classic Roadster Touring side panel plate Aluminium 40401 M | eBay

as well as my favourite

Triumph Rocket III Classic Roadster Touring side panel plate Aluminium 40409 | eBay

I really like the looks of these.

He is explicit that he is selling only one piece -- left in the case of the 'Touring' -- does he also sell the matching right side -- ?

Everyone I have spoken too says the Triumph ones are very overpriced and known to fail regularly. I got an Oxford 'Hot Grips' one for 1' cruisers - works brilliantly. You use the provided grips but you can trim the ends and fit end weights or mirrors etc.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Oxford+Hot+grips+Cruiser+1"&rlz=1C1CHZL_enAU721AU722&source=lnt&tbs=ctr:countryAU&cr=countryAU&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUgf6EiLHWAhXFNpQKHbqDA_QQpwUIHg&biw=1098&bih=488

I got mine from Poland on eBay where they are about $50 less than here in Oz with free international postage but when I last checked the Cruiser 1" models were gone from the site I purchased from. I thi9nk they were US$80 delivered. i did notice that other Polish sites offer Oxford gear the cheapest. Must be made there and production staff pinch them to re-sell - who knows.

Just for you also found a place with cheap replacement side panel badges.

Triumph Rocket III Classic Roadster Touring side panel plate Aluminium 40401 M | eBay

as well as my favourite

Triumph Rocket III Classic Roadster Touring side panel plate Aluminium 40409 | eBay

They fit either side on all Rockets sorta like a LH and RH screwdriver Paul ;):p:D.
He is just saying they sell as 1 piece, if you want two, buy two.
Just change the 'Quantity' field before purchasing.
If you look at his other items and then search for just these '40401' and '40409' among the 1683 listings you are sure to find other listings of them or he will make a new listing once the existing listings are sold out.

'Aluminium 40401 M'

US $16.85
Free postage

Approximately AU $21.06
FREE Standard International Shipping

GBP 12.50
+GBP 1.00 postage
Approximately AU $21.13 + GBP 1.00 (approx. AU $1.69)

Triumph Rocket III Classic Touring Roadster Side Panel Logo Plate Alu 40401 | eBay

40402M

Not sure if this one is any different but he has a photo mounted elsewhere (on a Touring??) as well.

EUR 14.90
+EUR 1.45 postage
Approximately AU $22.31 + EUR 1.45 (approx. AU $2.17)

Triumph Rocket III Classic Roadster Touring Blende f. Seitendeckel Alu 40402M | eBay

'Aluminium 40409'

US $16.85
Free postage

Approximately AU $21.06(including postage)

Triumph Rocket III Classic Roadster Touring side panel plate Aluminium 40409

GBP 12.50
+GBP 1.00 postage Approximately AU $21.13(including postage)

Triumph Rocket III Classic Roadster Touring Blende f. Seitendeckel Alu 40409 | eBay

EUR 14.90
+EUR 1.45 postage Approximately AU $22.31(including postage)

Triumph Rocket III Classic Touring Roadster Side Panel Logo Plate Alu Union Jack | eBay

EUR 14.90
+EUR 1.45 postage
Approximately AU $22.31(including postage)

Triumph Rocket III Classic Roadster Touring Blende f. Seitendeckel Alu 40409 | eBay

Last edited:
Back