Speedy how's that...

As close to square as I could find...
Fred-Flintstone-Motorcycle.jpg

Great tire. It is an Avon Azaro (AV46-ST) 140/80ZR17 rear tire but mounted backwards on the front. Handles very well, stops great, has neutral steering with no wandering or headshake. Don't know about wet weather traction or mileage yet. I run a pair of these Azaros on my Thunderbird and have great life and good wet traction on it so I think that will carry over. Several other members are using it on their Rockets as well. (The tire shop will look at you like you are nuts when you tell them to mount it on a front rim and backwards no less.) Oh and it is round, not square and not oval like R3 exhaust manifold gaskets, Lupe.

As close to square as I could find...
Fred-Flintstone-Motorcycle.jpg
When the early engineers were developing the wheel, the early prototypes were square. They soon realised, however, that if they made it into a triangle then there would be 25% fewer bumps.

Great tire. It is an Avon Azaro (AV46-ST) 140/80ZR17 rear tire but mounted backwards on the front. Handles very well, stops great, has neutral steering with no wandering or headshake. Don't know about wet weather traction or mileage yet. I run a pair of these Azaros on my Thunderbird and have great life and good wet traction on it so I think that will carry over. Several other members are using it on their Rockets as well. (The tire shop will look at you like you are nuts when you tell them to mount it on a front rim and backwards no less.) Oh and it is round, not square and not oval like R3 exhaust manifold gaskets, Lupe.
Thanks for the update...

When the early engineers were developing the wheel, the early prototypes were square. They soon realised, however, that if they made it into a triangle then there would be 25% fewer bumps.

Once the Government realized how good the inventors were they put the square corners back on the wheel just so we could improve on it again and again :D

Back