Oil tank removal. And other jobs in that area

Stevepaff

.020 Over
Ride
2005 R3 classic
Hi guys.

Well my oil tanks prongs have given up being seals now so I'm going to attempt to change them sometime in the next week.
I understand the throttle bodies need removing so I've decided while I'm at it to change for a ram air system while I'm in the area and I need to balance the throttle bodies as one is out of sync a little with the others.

I'd there any other jobs you recommend doing whilr I'm in the area. It's a rocket 3 2005 classic model.

It has the bypass pipe but stock pipes so I'll have to find a suitable base tune for the setup with the ramair.

Any pointers or tips will be appreciated.

I'm meant to be riding this thing and fixing my xjr but it doesn't seem to want to let me. It wants all the attention lol.

Cheers guys

If you haven't already found it, the manual is in my signature and it gives good instructions for the oil tank. Throttle balancing instructions are also in my signature - as well as some other stuff you may find useful.

If you haven't already found it, the manual is in my signature and it gives good instructions for the oil tank. Throttle balancing instructions are also in my signature - as well as some other stuff you may find useful.
Thanks Mate. I'll take a look at the manual.
I already know how to balance the throttle bodies. Was just waiting until I was going to be in the area to do it anyway. It's not far enough out of spec to cause issues. I'd just like to try getting it a bit closer to the other 2 than it is.

Back