buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018
Looking for some Solobag ideas for my Rocket. Want to be able to carry a few small items, like net, wheel lock, a burger, that sort of stuff. I see a lot of solobags that are swing arm, but obviously that wouldn't work. Maybe I could jerry rig it to the fender where saddle bags go-honestly I have no idea.

Anyone have any ideas for a small solo bag to attach to the Rocket? Please & thank you.

Best,

Budda

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2022 Triumph Rocket 3 Triple Black
I have this tail bag setup on my 'Fehling" rack.
You can get different bags that will sit on the passenger seat also...

1.jpg

buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
I have this tail bag setup on my 'Fehling" rack.
You can get different bags that will sit on the passenger seat also...

1.jpg

That's a good idea, but on the back seat I have a helmet strapped on, so a mini saddle bag, sort of speak is what I'm aiming towards. I like your tail bag, what brand is it?

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2022 Triumph Rocket 3 Triple Black
That bag of mine is a 'Ventura'...i just sold it and replaced it with a similar but slightly bigger bag.
The solo side bag will be a good option for you i think...as per your photo.
I think you could fit that on your bike with some adaptions...

buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Yeah I think so too, I found other bags like that with buckles. Maybe I can strap it on the left side, maybe loop it around the frame that's underneath the seat. I'll sleep on it and brain storm other ideas. And posts pics if I do get it to give others ideas :D

buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
20190423_190511.jpg
20190423_190546.jpg
20190423_190631.jpg
20190423_190616.jpg

So I got the swing arm bag, and I gotta say...I like it. I used the included straps and just wrapped it around the frame below the seat, at first I used cable ties but they were too thick and the seat wouldn't click to a close. When I sit on the bike my left sits on it, but it's not uncomfortable, and when my feet are up, I don't feel it at all. I went over bumps, the highway, and all was well. There's only a slight pinch on my leg when I move the bike backwards, but it's not a lot. It's super close to the upper part of the exhaust, but its not touching, but it does get hot. The items in the bag were warm, but I don't keep electronics in there, only gloves, bungee net, locks, etc. The bag I got was this:

But I may return it and get this:

Amazon is very generous when it comes to returning items.

The bag I got give just a tad bit more of the "muscle" look, especially with the D-Rings I have under the rear seat.

I'll ride with this setup for a couple of days and let you know how it feels in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:

WyldCFH

Drop a Gear and Disappear!
Ride
'20 Ducati Panigale V4 S
Get a set of EZ Brackets. Then you can get a set of whatever bags you like that are flat on the back side.
You can then run with one or both bags as you like and carry needs dictate

buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Get a set of EZ Brackets. Then you can get a set of whatever bags you like that are flat on the back side.
You can then run with one or both bags as you like and carry needs dictate

Crap I totally forgot about Easy brackets. I'll search for the right size bolts.