buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018
Looking for some Solobag ideas for my Rocket. Want to be able to carry a few small items, like net, wheel lock, a burger, that sort of stuff. I see a lot of solobags that are swing arm, but obviously that wouldn't work. Maybe I could jerry rig it to the fender where saddle bags go-honestly I have no idea.

Anyone have any ideas for a small solo bag to attach to the Rocket? Please & thank you.

Best,

Budda

I have this tail bag setup on my 'Fehling" rack.
You can get different bags that will sit on the passenger seat also...

1.jpg

I have this tail bag setup on my 'Fehling" rack.
You can get different bags that will sit on the passenger seat also...

1.jpg

That's a good idea, but on the back seat I have a helmet strapped on, so a mini saddle bag, sort of speak is what I'm aiming towards. I like your tail bag, what brand is it?

That bag of mine is a 'Ventura'...i just sold it and replaced it with a similar but slightly bigger bag.
The solo side bag will be a good option for you i think...as per your photo.
I think you could fit that on your bike with some adaptions...

Yeah I think so too, I found other bags like that with buckles. Maybe I can strap it on the left side, maybe loop it around the frame that's underneath the seat. I'll sleep on it and brain storm other ideas. And posts pics if I do get it to give others ideas :D

20190423_190511.jpg
20190423_190546.jpg
20190423_190631.jpg
20190423_190616.jpg

So I got the swing arm bag, and I gotta say...I like it. I used the included straps and just wrapped it around the frame below the seat, at first I used cable ties but they were too thick and the seat wouldn't click to a close. When I sit on the bike my left sits on it, but it's not uncomfortable, and when my feet are up, I don't feel it at all. I went over bumps, the highway, and all was well. There's only a slight pinch on my leg when I move the bike backwards, but it's not a lot. It's super close to the upper part of the exhaust, but its not touching, but it does get hot. The items in the bag were warm, but I don't keep electronics in there, only gloves, bungee net, locks, etc. The bag I got was this:

But I may return it and get this:

Amazon is very generous when it comes to returning items.

The bag I got give just a tad bit more of the "muscle" look, especially with the D-Rings I have under the rear seat.

I'll ride with this setup for a couple of days and let you know how it feels in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a set of EZ Brackets. Then you can get a set of whatever bags you like that are flat on the back side.
You can then run with one or both bags as you like and carry needs dictate

Get a set of EZ Brackets. Then you can get a set of whatever bags you like that are flat on the back side.
You can then run with one or both bags as you like and carry needs dictate

Crap I totally forgot about Easy brackets. I'll search for the right size bolts.

Back