SH847 (in Europe?) Suppliers

Attachments

• 0CD7449B-CAEC-4445-8C23-115C4B57DABA.jpeg
    0CD7449B-CAEC-4445-8C23-115C4B57DABA.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 2
Was just checking if it was a Lithium. I have suddenly started having similar issues to yours on my old Guzzi.

If I were you I would test the continuity of the STATOR windings - as that voltage sounds VERY low to me - If the rect/reg swap makes no difference and you are content with the battery then I would worry.

Can you borrow another battery to test with?. Sometimes batteries just die.

Was just checking if it was a Lithium. I have suddenly started having similar issues to yours on my old Guzzi.

If I were you I would test the continuity of the STATOR windings - as that voltage sounds VERY low to me - If the rect/reg swap makes no difference and you are content with the battery then I would worry.

Can you borrow another battery to test with?. Sometimes batteries just die.

The stator looks to be cactus.
The continuity test is showing 0 or short circuit.

The stator looks to be cactus.
The continuity test is showing 0 or short circuit.
At what resistance are you measuring? The resistance is going to be 1 or 2 ohms at a guess. If the multimeter scale is too high then it will read as 0.
Think about it - basically the stator is just a long wire wrapped around something - There is VERY little resistance at all. High resistance would be BAD.
But too little would be bad - A true short.

Let's call @DEcosse

I’m using an old Fluke 77 digital multimeter.
The attached show readings of .5, .4, & .3 respectively across the three terminals.

Attachments

• 3165B8CA-6DD4-44BF-85FD-678EC2C7FC9F.jpeg
    3165B8CA-6DD4-44BF-85FD-678EC2C7FC9F.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Tony
Im happy for the upgrade but I used one of the engine mounts to test for stator continuity so lm thinking the battery earth would not have been a factor.

Back