SH847 (in Europe?) Suppliers

THAT is a whole different animal - old-school SCR Shunt Regulator - you definitely do NOT want that!
Avoid anything that does not specifically state it is OEM part per the OEM part number and not even a form/fit replacement but genuine Suzuki part.

THAT is a whole different animal - old-school SCR Shunt Regulator - you definitely do NOT want that!
Avoid anything that does not specifically state it is OEM part per the OEM part number and not even a form/fit replacement but genuine Suzuki part.
Ken - Just pointing it out to others as there is a UK seller doing just this.
This Guy in the USA is reassuring. Home

€225-275 seems to be the EURO price.

Partzilla is $165 USD - I know it’s not in EU but better price.
I know it says free shipping but that’s if your in the USA
E9E3FF00-8C0E-47FC-9C82-A8B2405BDDE6.png

Partzilla is $165 USD - I know it’s not in EU but better price.
Well it is - but anything over about 25Euros gets hit with local VAT (21%) and (I think) 4% import duty. Plus post. Eats up the savings ruddy fast.

From what I have read Suzuki will not give any warranty (even to dealers) on these parts. That I doubt is legal from an EU seller. If is a consumer sale it should have 2 years - end of story. Some stuff is only a year. But I can insist on tracked delivery. And if I get it local - well it's a sight easier still. We'll see. At teh moment my mind is on the clutch.

@DEcosse

Ken. What's your take on this ?

Spannungsregler Längsregler SH847AA inkl. Adapterstecker | eBay

Translated via Google

newly developed voltage regulator - series regulator

Now equate the new linear regulator technology with the Shindegen SH847AA
the SH847AA replaced the SH775.

this regulator, in contrast to the normal shunt regulator, has a power of about 650-690 watts (55-60 amps)
without sending the surplus electricity back to the alternator, thus saving the alternator
(ideal for models with thermal generator problems) such as Ducati, Aprilia etc.
In addition, a series regulator demonstrably reduces fuel consumption.
This controller can be used for all 3 phases as well as for 2-phase alternators.

The housing is generously designed with cooling fins, on the back of the housing is equipped with an aluminum plate.
The scope of delivery includes a universally usable waterproof plug for self-crimping

Longitudinal holes with a spacing of 52 mm-140 mm

Dimensions
L 110mm
B 85mm
H 40mm

Delivery:
1 X in-line regulator

FORGET IT -
Fake not SH847AA Shindengen

They describe this as “equates to” the SH847AA Shindengen but it’s not it’s a cheap shunt power sucking non branded FAKE with SH847AA printed on it. I don’t won’t a bike fire it’s going back.

I use a shindengen fh020aa. The one I got was second hand and advertised as being from a 2016 Polaris RZR 570. The number on the casing is 15352. Mine came from the US but they are very inexpensive second hand and should not be hit too hard with import duties.Mine was around £30

This should be a series regulator and it has the same connectors and footprint as the original triumph unit so will fit in the original location without modification. However this is a 35amp unit rather than the 50amp one originally fitted. It should still be good for close to 500 watts however.

My bad it looks like this is still a SHUNT type regulator albeit a mosfet one and still an improvement over the standard unit. Not sure how I ended up getting mixed up as I spent a few days reading spec sheets and trying to track down what I thought was the correct unit.

Last edited:
I use a shindengen fh020aa. ....
This should be a series regulator ....
my bad it looks like this is still a SHUNT type regulator albeit a mosfet one and still an improvement over the standard unit. ... .

No improvement over the standard unit - the FH020 superseded the FH012 but is virtually identical (I don't know what the difference actually is, but it appears to be minimal)
Both are MOSFET Shunt, there would be zero advantage in replacing the OEM with the FH020 (unless obtained as inexpensive used replacement for a failed OEM)

As Ken knows I have found a genuine Series Reg - but it is NOT PLUG AND PLAY.
German mfr that is well known in the Guzzi and old Beemer Worlds. €197 - including German Vat - post to Europe €17.

Gents
I’ve purchased the SH847AA from a local Suzi dealer and fitted under the left side cover on my Roadster.
Since then I’ve had a couple of suspicious slow cranking starts or no first response to start.
I was on a recent 4 day trip with mittzy &. Ozrider when the bike refused to start midway through the trip until we pressed the starter multiple times.
We replaced the starter motor relay during the trip which fixed the problem at the time.
Since then I’ve had a couple of slow starts again.

I’ve found the heat output on the 847 has significantly raised temps on the relays under the cover so I’ve fitted a nylon shield to protect them.
I’ve also had the battery checked and it’s within acceptable limits for an 18month old battery.

My charging voltage is 12.5v @ 900rpm & 13v @ 2000rpm.
I’m told by the battery dealer that this is too low and could be the problem.
I swapped out the 847 with the oem RR and found the same voltages / rpm.

What are your thoughts on charge rates.
Are they adjustable ?

Back