SH847 (in Europe?) Suppliers

barbagris

Mad Scientist
Ride
1979 Guzzi V1000G5 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke
Has anybody found a supplier inside Europe / UK?

The import hassles from the US are a serious impediment. Unless anybody knows a seller who'll ship in a plain brown wrapper.

I have found a guy in Germany who is selling a reg that he says is functionally identical - he's not selling a fake, but it's not the Shindengen. €140 Will write to the German chap - and see how convincing his reply is.

Is the original PLUG AND PLAY electrically?

Do you have a Suzuki dealer near you? You can order it from them.
I would need to know which bike it was fitted to ex-factory. Not sure what a DL1000A is but I'll look. Not sold in the EU since 2009 - which is a swine as the part is the 2010 onward.

Suzuki 32800-31J00 ? Found one - in Germany - Jezus!.

Last edited:
785C20FA-D7DA-4337-B19C-0C3F43D5BE21.png
I would need to know which bike it was fitted to ex-factory. Not sure what a DL1000A is but I'll look. Not sold in the EU since 2009 - which is a swine as the part is the 2010 onward.

Suzuki 32800-31J00 ? Found one - in Germany - Jezus!.

...I have found a guy in Germany who is selling a reg that he says is functionally identical ...

I haven't even see his reply and I'm already not buying it

Is the original PLUG AND PLAY electrically?

Yes - same connectors and connector/terminal function - only the physical size of the heatsink makes it mechanically not direct swap into OEM location

The SH847 is only used on one bike as far as I'm aware - 2014+ Suzuki VStrom 1000 (DL1000A)

(incidentally trying to make anything ELSE plug n play to OEM connectors is impossible as the male-terminals counter-parts to the harness connectors are impossible to find)

Last edited:
I haven't even see his reply and I'm already not buying it

Yes - same connectors and connector/terminal function - only the physical size of the heatsink makes it mechanically not direct swap into OEM location

The SH847 is only used on one bike as far as I'm aware - 2014+ Suzuki VStrom 1000 (DL1000A)

(incidentally trying to make anything ELSE plug n play to OEM connectors is impossible as the male-terminals counter-parts to the harness connectors are impossible to find)
Ken, Do you know if all modern Triumphs use the same rectifier and are able to be upgraded to the SH847?

Well thats a big range Tony
Some - like later models speed triple street triple & wee Dayton will use FH012 or FH020 and will be plug in
Earlier variants of those models (~ pre '12) and others will use an scr R/R but there is an available very inexpensive OEM triumph sub-harness to adapt to the FH012/020 or SH847 which of course uses same connectors
Physical mounting may still present a challenge due to the larger size

The OEM Triumph link lead (designed for the 675 OEM retrofit kits) - part number T2500676 which is only ~ $10 USD

Last edited:

Thanking you good sir. I have to pop to Madrid for my clutch parts later today - will stop in at the closest Suzuki dealer with the part number and see. Mounting - Got it.

Back