Resource icon

Resource Download 2011 2011 R3R Tors Ramair with more fuel and less timing in cruise, decel pop added Revision 1 (For use)

No permission to download

John Miller

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 roadster
It runs a cooler in the cruise range, less snatchy when on and off throttle - nice and smooth also zero decal pop. You have to remember that its been in the high 30C's here lately and I can feel the hot exhaust getting hotter during cruise - I have had to close the throttle let it cool for about 10-15's then back on it again and repeat about every 5-10 mins only during prolonged cruise on those really hot days.

So with the edited tune I was targeting to fix all those issues and it has.

@motolink I notice you have almost my exact setup with staintune mufflers and crossover - you would like this tune - if you do try it I'd like your thoughts on it as well.

Last edited:
John Miller updated 2011 2011 R3R Tors Ramair with more fuel and less timing in cruise, decel pop added with a new update entry:

20355 Dyno Tune Rev C

This is a revision C of previously uploaded tune now with very slightly better economy validated with (new) Wideband O2 sensor - just completed a 300 km ride. Have adjusted AFR's and confirmed all ranges from WOT to cruise and coast - running sweet as a nut - plenty of safe power on tap.

My ride 2011 R3R is fitted with stock header, 3 x pod filters, staintune crossover and staintune mufflers.

After download reset ISCV and check your throttle balance - it should be immediately running sweet if your setup is the same or similar to mine.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Well I discovered my lean state during low throttle cruise was not because of the tune but because there was a lag between throttle movement and TPS movement.

I have had to advance the TPS to sync with the throttle, now the old girl is running quite rich, so I am working on the tune to correct it.

It is however running really well but just too thirsty and too rich, the wideband O2 sensor is telling me that it's running in the mid 12:1's AFR during cruise 2,500 RPM which should be between the mid 13/14:1 AFR.

So I am tweaking the tune again will repost another revision once it's sorted.

John

John Miller updated 2011 2011 R3R Tors Ramair with more fuel and less timing in cruise, decel pop added with a new update entry:

2011 Roadster Pod Filters - Staintune Mufflers and Free flowing crossover

I just spent the last week modifying and testing this final tune revision, you must set TPS at .64v and ISCV at .76v the reason is that if you set the TPS and ISCV at std settings there is too much lag between TPS movement and throttle movement ie it goes lean until the tps starts relaying movement to ECU - validated with Tune ECU.

Read the info details that come with the tune in TuneEcu.

The AFR values are right on the money now.

Oh and by the way I am running 95 Octane fuel.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just spent the last week modifying and testing this final tune revision !, you must set TPS at .64v and ISCV at .76v the reason is that if you set the TPS and ISCV at std settings there is too much lag between TPS movement and throttle movement ie it goes lean until the tps starts relaying movement to ECU - validated with Tune ECU and NEW AEM wideband O2 sensor.
Read the info details that come with the tune in TuneEcu before you load the new update.

The AFR values are right on the money now.

Oh and by the way I am running 95 Octane fuel.

Put this tune in. Followed the guidance to set TPS to 64 closed 76 open and man this is the smoothest tune. Still powerful like the one I got from the tuner but so smooth transitioning from TPS to MAP. Well done @John Miller

Back