Resource icon

Resource Download 2011 2011 R3R Tors Ramair with more fuel and less timing in cruise, decel pop added Revision 1 (For use)

No permission to download
Hi John
I have Ram air and Jardines, I find a large amount of decel popping in all gears when I close throttle. What do you recommend I change to reduce this popping in the maps?

@Ralsmith - Firstly I am assuming you will have a map that has been done to suit your header and muffler or a dyno tune.

Please first of all check your TPS and ISCV settings first - my suggestion is to set them at .64V and .76V respectively which means you will have added .04V to each above the factory setting.

What this does is basically remove the throttle lag not recognized by the ECU it's only about .5 to 1% of throttle movement but it does make a big difference to low idle tuning and decel popping.

Also once that is out the way make sure you balance each of the throttles until you are satisfied they are equal.

Take it for a test run and now see if the decel popping has improved or made it worse.

If it's stiill popping bad then try my fix below.

With decel popping you will firstly need to look at your F&L switching point to be sure which table L or F is being utilized at closed throttle - some tuners turn off the throttle switch completely.

If you have your switching point set above 0% then you will need to look at the L map under closed throttle (0% throttle).

You will notice the first column is full of Zero's - fill them all with values about 60% on the column next door.

Take it for a ride but take note at what RPM it is popping - mine for example only very occasionally popps at 1800 under closed throttle - now where else so the range I would aim for is +/- 200 RPM.

You must add or subtract values (higher numbers hPa will add more fuel) to the column that corresponds to the rpm range where it starts and continues popping Try 5% each time and test.

Adding fuel may make it worse - you might try more and find its worse then start going back to your starting point and go down.

Just make sure you have saved a copy of your original map in case you screw up.

Good luck.

John

Thank you for your message.
I have done a lot of work tuning the R3 and validated the tune with a wideband O2 sensor. If you are going to use the standard exhaust it will not need a remap it will run only very slightly leaner than stock but not enough to make any real difference because the cat box will not allow the engine to breath fully. It will be fine without a remap. If however you install better mufflers without the cat box it will make a significant difference and will require a different tune.

Cheers John
Many Thanks John :)
The kit arrived this morning - a little something to fiddle with during lockdown !
I'll let it do the 12 minute auto-tune !
Stay safe
Andy

I fitted the Ramair over the weekend , I have TORS exhaust , The map in the bike is the standard Triumph TORS 20355 .
I did the 12 minute tune and the bike to me seems to run great , It seems smoother and runs really well with no popping or bogging down and running no hotter than it normally does . Soooo my question is , If its running good can I leave it as it is at the moment with no ill effects .

Many Thanks John :)
The kit arrived this morning - a little something to fiddle with during lockdown !
I'll let it do the 12 minute auto-tune !
Stay safe
Andy
Fitted the RAMAIR (only took an hour) and went out - popped and banged my way around town.
Came back and let everything cool down and the did the 12m autotune...
Took it out again.
No decel popping
Very occasional popping if I blip the throttle to downshift
Going to take it for a longer run this evening, its 24C and a sunny day in France... lets see if a bit of warmer weather work makes a difference to the popping !

John Miller updated 2011 2011 R3R Tors Ramair with more fuel and less timing in cruise, decel pop added with a new update entry:

20355 Dyno Tune Rev C

After download reset ISCV and check your throttle balance - it should be immediately running sweet if your setup is the same or similar to mine.

Read the rest of this update entry...
When there is an update, ie 20355 Dyno tune rev c, where can the update be loaded from, or is the initial download link the update?
Thanks,

Thanks for your email.

Revision 1 is the latest and beta version which is available if you simply click on the "Download" link above, it is much improved on Revision C.

There are several improvements in the later Revision 1 version - that is the one you need to use.

The tune is very safe and will provide a much improved tune if you have a similar set up - approx. 150RWHP but also much improved low end and mid range rideability.

Last edited:
Thanks for your email.

Revision 1 is the latest and beta version which is available if you simply click on the "Download" link above, it is much improved on Revision C.

There are several improvements in the later Revision 1 version - that is the one you need to use.

The tune is very safe and will provide a much improved tune if you have a similar set up - approx. 150RWHP but also much improved low end and mid range rideability.
John @John Miller
Any idea how this would perform with Jardines and Ramair rather than TORS?
Thanks

Ralph

Back