Resource icon

Resource Download 2011 R3R TORS RAMAIR 2018-10-02

No permission to download
:) Ebay shows O2 sensor bungs are all made of stainless :)

Yeah, I'll probably just order from ebay or Amazon to get stainless. Let me know if you turn yours back on what kind of difference you see. I'll tell you, with your tune this seems like a whole new bike. Although I thought so before, it pulls really hard now!

Guys it won't do you any good turning the O2 sensor on with this tune because the AFR is set too high in the 13.2 range the narrow band sensor only works when it's in the 14.7 area so it needs to be turned off. I have run the tune with a wideband O2 sensor and at cruise it is sitting right on 13.2/6 AFR, only when you throttle back slightly like when rolling down a slight hill does the AFR come back up into the 14's.

Last edited:
The O2 sensor bung is M18 x 1.5 thread - yes you can get them online through eBay or most performance auto parts stores. Just make sure you get an O2 bung with the copper sealing washer and be careful of those cheap mild steel ones that are floating around, make sure it's stainless steel.

Last edited:
The O2 sensor bung is M18 x 1.5 thread - yes you can get them online through eBay or most performance auto parts stores. Just make sure you get an O2 bung with the copper sealing washer and be careful of those cheap mild steel ones that are floating around, make sure it's stainless steel.

I got a stainless bung and installed it this morning. Take John's advice and get the washer with it. I thought I'd probably have something on hand- no. Hardware store only has a bushing whose diameter was really too big, but going with it for now until I can track down a copper washer, PITA.

Anyway, I installed the bung, zip tied the sensor behind the panel and wrapped it in a piece of inner tube and zip lock.

Well, she runs even better with the O2 boxed unchecked, as it was intended. I'm not sure how much better a custom tune could be- the bike runs really good now! Thanks, again, Martin for sharing!

You're welcome. I've got a Dave Platt Crossover now, got rid of the conveluted standard box, but still with same tune and it's running great. Just need to do same and remove that O2 sensor from the exhaust.

You're welcome. I've got a Dave Platt Crossover now, got rid of the conveluted standard box, but still with same tune and it's running great. Just need to do same and remove that O2 sensor from the exhaust.
I have my order in with @Paul Bryant for the crossover and will soon, once again, be pretty well matched up with you on mods and your famous tune. Glad to hear that the crossover didn't seem to affect the tune. If you ever come stateside I owe you many rounds.

Would this tune work on a 2016 roadster? Ram air, dave platt mufflers and crossover.

It's worth a try. See how it goes on your bike. The best tune for your bike will always be one that is custom developed with the bike in question on a Dyno by a tuner willing to spend the time looking at each area of the map.

It's worth a try. See how it goes on your bike. The best tune for your bike will always be one that is custom developed with the bike in question on a Dyno by a tuner willing to spend the time looking at each area of the map.

Actually I think the 2016 uses a later map than 20355 which is what this is based on so I'd check with others can 20355 based map run on a 2016 bike. Don't want to give you information that will mess up you ecu.

Back