Buying in UK from Australia - Ripped off by customs!!!

FWIW we have higher limits in the US before Customs comes calling...I hope Her Majesty will you a break!

There is talk on the media that the Australian government wants to add on a $5 to $7 fee on all packages sent in regardless of original price. Like my wife could order online a $2 hairclip and it will cost that plus the fee. If that comes in people will have to really think about ordering items boxed together but not go over the total price of the tax penalty. Greedy bastards. Money for nothing.

Typically anything you buy from the states etc will cost you ...I'm from the Goldwing community and bling in the states for the wings is 2 thirds cheaper than here in the UK... but not worth buying as you get hit with high customs charges. Nay probs in the eu at the mo the price you see is the price you pay.... and before you all start on me the wing has gone as it was too heavy n I'm a classic rocket rider! :)

Typically anything you buy from the states etc will cost you ...I'm from the Goldwing community and bling in the states for the wings is 2 thirds cheaper than here in the UK... but not worth buying as you get hit with high customs charges. Nay probs in the eu at the mo the price you see is the price you pay.... and before you all start on me the wing has gone as it was too heavy n I'm a classic rocket rider! :)

Is bling ever worth buying ? :D

The same **** goes on here in in OZ, the Gumermint of Oztralia have imposed duty charges an all online purchases. It does not matter how much you pay for an item it will all attract a duty fee.
Sorry to international suppliers but it has made it more expensive to purchase from you.

Sorry to international suppliers but it has made it more expensive to purchase from you.
All we need is a secluded beach
A005648-02.jpg

Anyway no one has helped with this one - it just turned into a post about brexit!!!
So my point is watch what your doing when you buy from outside of the commonwealth.
The chap who sold me the parts can’t understand what’s happened, never happened before etc etc.
So he must have declared the items at 3 times their value when he sent them. I’ll find out when I get the delivery from the declaration he filled out.
I’ll keep you posted on the outcome but I will be fighting this one.
Thanks chaps.

Simon,
I, for one, will be very interested on the outcome of your appeal and the reasons for the huge excess in tax.

Simon,
I, for one, will be very interested on the outcome of your appeal and the reasons for the huge excess in tax.
I’ll let you know. I’ve had to pay the charges and I’ll get th parcel on Wednesday. Than I will find out what’s gone on and put the claim in. I have paypal receipts for the price I actually paid so I don’t see how they can refuse me a refund,

Back