Buying in UK from Australia - Ripped off by customs!!!

Its the VAT you have to pay plus any import duties and charges - Brexit wont make a difference buyingfrom the EU - its all scaremongering
But if we are aren't part of the EU then we would pay import tax ???

So let me get this right we don't want be part of Europe but we want to get the benefits and be treated like we still a member ???

I understood shipping between the commonwealth didn't trigger a charge, that really sucks man!
Yeah I think the commonwealth is for BIG business NOT the little guy

Besides its only the queen and Gary Barlow who give a **** about the commonwealth

When you are done Brexiting EU will promptly cough up a trade deal because they DON'T want to lose business with the UK. And of course when you ARE done Brexiting you will get a sweet deal with the USofA! We would like to start with parity of dollar and pound! Of course there will be no tariffs and we'll take all you can send us in merchandise and we'll send you guys a like amount of whatever you need or will just buy!

Hi Paul,

I have just become an Exhaust System manufacturer too. Can you send me one of your systems to copy please?

In jest only . . .

Laughing2.gif Finger1.jpg Neener1.jpg

Sir, are you calling me out as a liar? I have a well established facility in my garden shed with the capability of manufacturing a complete system in at least 3 years!

NEVER would I ever insult a Britt! (Naturally with the exception of, The Duk O' Death) :rolleyes: :whitstling:
After all, we of the Colonies were once dreamers, too!!! :eek:
:roll: :thumbsup:

Anyway no one has helped with this one - it just turned into a post about brexit!!!
So my point is watch what your doing when you buy from outside of the commonwealth.
The chap who sold me the parts can’t understand what’s happened, never happened before etc etc.
So he must have declared the items at 3 times their value when he sent them. I’ll find out when I get the delivery from the declaration he filled out.
I’ll keep you posted on the outcome but I will be fighting this one.
Thanks chaps.

Back