Seat Upgrade - Opinions/Options

I want a cool looking seat that offers back support. Not one with a hole in the middle. Plus it has to be done up with the My favorite Snake the Copperhead. Unlike the Rattle snake the copperhead will wait silence and then attack. That and the shadow rider on the gas tank should tell folks to stay away. Between the man in Ireland and the folks in new jersey i am going to end up with the bad of the bad. Made up my mind on what i want. Took a bit. Seat and Handle bars and plus a few more items i will generate the ultimatum bad boy bike. Yes i suck at the twisty turns. The last thing you want is to be sitting at a stoplight or riding down the highway thinking you will have me beat. This build is over 40 years in the making. Love the Rocket and feel we can build the beast from hell. 30,000 thousand dollars and a old man with a attitude. Look out folks.

@Stillserving before you invest big $$ in any seat, try a BeadRider seat cover. I use the wooden beads which are far cheaper than the ceramic beads. A 15X15 wood cover is $39 from the source. Give it a try for a few days or even an all day ride. At first it may feel odd, but over time it becomes the best seat I have had in my 49byears of riding. I use them on both my bikes.
20200712_065023.jpg

@Stillserving before you invest big $$ in any seat, try a BeadRider seat cover. I use the wooden beads which are far cheaper than the ceramic beads. A 15X15 wood cover is $39 from the source. Give it a try for a few days or even an all day ride. At first it may feel odd, but over time it becomes the best seat I have had in my 49byears of riding. I use them on both my bikes.
But you already have the best Triumph dual seat for R3T's the LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209 with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158, the beads are a bonus. :thumbsup:
I got a new pair of their rider and pillion deluxe ceramic bead versions locally on Gumtree for just Au$60 (US$43) a year or two ago. :cool: Only used them in my arm chair so far but the previous owner of my Russell Daylong even had them fitted and they do keep your bum dry in the rain too.

@Ishrub I do have the longhaul on the Rocket but the OEM seat on the Stratoliner and it has 118K miles. The beads are a big improvement regardless.

Last edited:
I hated the stock seat when I bought my rocket, one of the first things I changed. Got a used Corbin dual touring seat, loved it, it's hard and heavy, but very comfortable. Con is it bolts on with a bracket, so you need tools to take seat off and get to your tools. After I changed to fiberglass rear fender, didn't like the look of dual seat, didn't want to buy another seat, so I took stock seat and modified it. Pulled staples, peeled cover back and shaved some foam, recovered and stapled. It feels so much better, like the solo look, wife never rides anymore anyway, and can use key again to remove seat.
IMAG0656.jpg
IMAG0707.jpg
IMAG0875.jpg

Last edited:
I did a thread on here with more pics of seat mod, and I kept the Corbin in case I needed it for passenger, but haven't used it. Maybe I could be talked out of it.;):p

Back