Seat Upgrade - Opinions/Options

My longhaul seat was the ticket once I put on the drivers backrest. Now I can ride for miles... and miles... and miles... and miles... and miles.... :p :cool:
-MIG

I have the Corbin Fast Gun seat fitted, I can sit on it all day, far superior to the stock 06 seat.

A.JPG

Might work on the X but way to wide for the next bike. Lines would not flow right. Thinner smaller and sleek. Comfort not required.

I have a custom lowered and recovered in leather. It was done old school upholstery style with the leather covered buttons stitched right through the stock factory Triumph Roadster seat base and tied off with butterflys. The leather is pop riveted on like Corbin does but much, much neater than theirs and spaced about an inch apart so no bunching and messy folds like Corbins have.
Ultra low R3 rider seat for sale Au$385 (US$250) delivered to USA. Note the thinning of the thigh area which is what makes the seat so wide for short folks.
I reckon a 5'3" rider could flatfoot with this seat.
Make it a real 'sofa look' ride. ;) :roll::roll::roll:

R3 cutdown solo 2.jpg

R3 cutdown solo 3.jpg

R3 cutdown solo 4.jpg

R3 cutdown solo 1.jpg

Looking at having the Roadster X redone with a different foam base and a much better quality of vinyl. The new bike will have a solo steel based seat done in Snake skin. Bike will not be rode in the rain. Our most prestige's snake in Oklahoma is the Copperhead.
I gather you are not going to be commuting on this one?
The long haul seat on my Touring is probably th most comfortable factory seat I've sat on, on the other hand Corbin seats saved two other bikes that were almost unrideable with factory seats, so I'd be hard pressed to call it.

@Stillserving I think the best option for you is a Corbin Solo Classic that you can use with or without the stock pillion you have already and you can fit a riders backrest too. I have bought a few 2nd hand from the USA on eBay and the forum for US$200-300.
Because they are a precise fit, some folks tend to just jam them on so you often see scuffed and nicked leather edges underneath that are not usually visible when fitted.
I only have a Brown leather Corbin Solo left now that I am putting on the 'Flaming Toad' Roadster in place of the stingray and dyed python poorly re-covered factory solo that it came with.🤢

Corbins are very heavy to ship, at least 4 times the weight of stock so it is over US$100 to get them sent here to Oz from a private US seller and even more through Corbin who only use premium express rate carriers. Because of the weight they do cost quite a bit to ship even internally within USA or Australia.

If you decide to go Corbin, I have a black leather Corbin backrest that I do not use and would be much cheaper than a new one if the leather matches what you decide on

I gather you are not going to be commuting on this one?
The long haul seat on my Touring is probably th most comfortable factory seat I've sat on, on the other hand Corbin seats saved two other bikes that were almost unrideable with factory seats, so I'd be hard pressed to call it.
Yeah true but Longhaul seats and their upholstery/padding etc are really only available for the R3Touring range and could or have been refitted to a Roadster seat pan. People confuse them with the R3 Standard/Classic and early accessory dual seat versions which also fit Roadsters and had various names in the accessory catalogs before the R3Touring was released.

Edit: I have actually found a Fowlers UK where the 'Longhaul' is used for a Standard/Classic/Roadster seat

They only use it in reference to the complete kit with rider's backrest
Seat, Dual, Backrest Kit
A9708164 is used for the whole kit with backrest rather than as just the seat below :whitstling: 🤔 😟:rolleyes:

R3 Standard/Classic/Roadster accessory seat range and part numbers from Triumph Accessories catalog:
CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164
For use with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST A9708160

DUAL SEAT KIT - CLASSIC A9708059
TOURING GEL SEAT - RIDER A9701142
TOURING GEL SEAT - DUAL A9701141
ROADSTER GEL SEAT - DUAL A9701140
LOWRIDER SEAT - RIDER A9701151
TOURING GEL SEAT - PILLION A9701143

I do have a brand new unused CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164 with the ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST A9708160 available in the USA for sale. PM for details.
1599514775047.png
1599514802485.png

R3 Touring accessory seat range:
LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209 fits ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158
BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162 fits ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158
TOURING SEAT GEL - DUAL A9700500
COMFORT PILLION SEAT A9708163

Bucket Solo A9708162 & Comfort Pillion A9708163 were later sold together as the Longhaul Seat Replacement Kit T2302130
for the no longer available/sold LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209.

I also have all of the R3Touring seats above available NEW in factory boxes or the solo and pillion used as well here in OZ but the Solos are very light and will post to the USA for about US$70.
I have one used ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158 that fits the Bucket Solo or the Longhaul Dual and a I have a brand new old stock LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209 too.

PM for details

LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209
1599526228616.png
1599526264021.png
1599526286048.png

Last edited:
Ishrub keeps saying i need a long haul but my bike has to be solo my wife is jealous of me
It is a 'Longhaul' version of the rider's BUCKET SOLO for R3Ts too but as your wife sadly does not ride anymore you do not need the Dual or Comfort Pillion and so are better off sticking to your Corbin Solo. 🤔 :thumbsup:
The BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162 that fits ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158 has the same or similar upholstery /padding as the Dual 'Longhaul' version no longer sold or available from Triumph.

Back