I went with the standard K-drives. I really like the look and the easy way they pop on and off but they are a little small. I think the bike could have pulled off larger (especially deeper) bags without sacrificing looks.

bags

If you like leather bags, have a look at Hepco Becker website. Quality is second to none. Hepco becker buffalo bags and easy brackets are totally pimping! ( But not real cheap)

Ghost Brackets vs. Easy Brackets.

In my opinion there is one very huge difference between Easy Brackets and Ghost Brackets and that is customer service.

I had a similar interaction with Easy Brackets. I needed to replace my locks and keys and they did it no sweat for $20.

There's also a functional difference. Easy Brackets are rigid. The size is specific to the bike. Ghost Brackets, which had I initially put on when Easy Brackets were not available for the Rocket, are adjustable - you have to work at it to get the brackets to fit tight on the fender bolts. The bolt you tighen to adjust the bracket has a round head which is between the bag and the bracket. This pushes the bracket away from the bag, which works with leather but not so good with hard plastic. You can drill a hole in the bag and put the adjusting through the bag and bracket and tighten it down, but if you blow it even by a little but, the bracket won't fit tightly and the bag will move around.

...Hope you're doing OK ... met in last year's RAA
Doing better than someone in my condition should be allowed to :D I remember. That was RAAII in Nashville. You're from the Murfreesboro vicinity? My recruiter was in Murfreesboro several decades ago.

Nope . . . wifey goes everywhere, never has mentioned a problem. We do have floorboards in the back though.
Floor boards for the mission commander is mandatory.

BlackRock Leather 'N' Rich from Flipmeisters is some very good stuff! I've used many products over the years and this is the best.
My bags were showing signs of neglect. This stuff brought back the new look, in them and my leather apparel. For those that expose it all, to the elements, will find snap closures begin to rust or corrode up. A minuscule dab of this stuff into the fasteners frees them up to function properly. Be sure to buff the articles, per instructions, before exposing to more road grime. This stuff puts the sheen in shiny leather. He also has a savings on front brake pads. Thanks Flipper.

Last edited:
Ended up with EDGE model 103 and EZ Brackets-which I had before and like 'em. The reg. size bag fits perfect-looks just right to me. large enough so they don't "get lost" on a big bike like the R3.

Back