KingOfFleece

Rated 5 STRAS June 2012 MCN
Ride
Tiger 1050, Street 3, Thunderbird 1600, waiting on next R3
Just got an R3. Not the classis-just an R3. I had EZ-brackets with bags on my America and was pleased-what are you all doing for the Rocket? What's working for you?
Thanks. KOF

Many people are just getting back from RAA III, but I'm sure will be responding soon. Many people do use the Ghost brackets as Lester pointed out.

I've got the Leatherlykes and am very pleased with them. Quick, easy install and quick, easy off. When off there are no ugly brackets hanging off the side.

Vartex K-Drive bags

Got a set of these and put Triumph badges on them. They are hard sided internally so they hold their shape. I'm happy so far.

A set of RocketIII OEM bags are stout and very handy with the quick release fasteners. As a daily user of my bag capacities, whether that be toting lunch or picking up a few loaves of bread and tonights supper, I've found them to be the shiznitz. A full fork width tool bag and a rainsuit reside in the bags as well. The downside of the very tough leather bags is retaining their like new shape for more than 12 months, without the Flipmeisters bag stiffeners.

IMO, if you're going to have bags attached 24/7 then leather is the best choice. Leather will stand up to the elements far longer with minimal attention and still retain the best appearance. Cracks, crevices and fabric weave are a detriment.

Last edited:
I don't think that I would agree with the opinion that leather is the best choice for 24/7/365 use. You have to care for leather or it will dry, fade and crack. Sun, moisture and road debris will all affect leather faster than some of the synthetic options. Can't disagree, however, with the looks.

Back