Without question, IMO those are the finest looking bags/setup I've seen, anywhere.

I'd like to have a lead on where to get them.

The OEM bags ARE NOT quick release. No way no how, when using stock mounting hardware. Otherwise they wouldn't be 24/7/365 bags. As for leather having the best life over other soft bags...leather bags do require up keep. But over the years they still have the nostalgic appearance of leather bags and are easily cleaned up.

I will second that vote, nice loking bags and addition rear lighting. You might want to send a pic to Hinkley to show them where they missed the boat :p

Ghost Brackets vs. Easy Brackets.

Ghost Brackets vs. Easy Brackets.

In my opinion there is one very huge difference between Easy Brackets and Ghost Brackets and that is customer service. I posted the following a while back but it is good information for anyone in the market for a saddlebag mounting system:

From 2/20/2008--"I mounted the bags with Easy Brackets which are portable and lockable. Quick story about Easy Brackets. I bought them about a year ago and only got around to mounting them a couple of weekends ago. I found that I was missing (my fault) one of the posts that bolt onto the bike to accept the bracket. For some reason I thought that they were Ghost brackets and not Easy Brackets (two different companies). I called Ghost Brackets and told them I had lost a post and how much would it cost me to replace it. They said I had to buy the whole hardware kit for $70. They would not budge on selling me just the one post I needed. I didn't buy it at that time. I then somehow realized (duh...) I had Easy Brackets instead. I called Easy Brackets and they said no problem they would send me the post and bolt. When I asked them how much I owed them they said not to worry about it, it was on them. I did not even pay for postage. Easy Brackets, what a great company! I promised them that I would pass along that story to everyone who asked me about saddlebag brackets."

Hard saddlebags and top bag.

Sorry, I don't know the manufacturer of the bags. I bought them a while back off of eBay from a Honda dealer service tech. They had been sitting in a store room at the dealership for years and years and his boss just gave them to him. This guy had 5 or 6 sets. I am guessing they are at least 20 years old or more. They were a faded white almost yellow fiberglass and I painted them black to match the bike. I also replaced the 4 reflectors that came with the bag with working LED stop lights and turn signal lights. I found the lights on a site that sold accessories for tractor trailer rigs.

The top bag is Givi Speedpack. I also found it on eBay and according to the manufacturer has been discontinued. I really like the design of the Speedpack. It is expandable and lockable. I almost bought a few different top bags in the past but always changed my mind because of the boxy look to them. The Speedpack's aerodynamic looks belongs on a bike called a Rocket. Plus I like the fact that it has a backrest built into it!

I don't have a line on where to get the saddlebags. I did see a pair offered on ebay 8 or 9 months ago but they didn't sell because the bidding ended at $350 and the seller wanted more than that. I paid $150 for my set and if I only knew how well they were going to turn out I would have bought a set or two more. If I ever see another available set I will let the forum know.

I do have an extra new-in-the-box Givi Speedpack, color red, if anyone is interested, $175 plus shipping. It would not fit well on my second bike, a Speed Triple.

Last edited:
Mutazu with EasyBrackets

I ordered Mutazu LN Black bags and EasyBrackets. Should get them tomorrow. Maybe I can install them this weekend. I'll post a pic when done.

I got these from Leatherneck Jim and mounted them with Easy Brackets. Used them to ride about 1000miles in France this summer and they were great!

New Bags

Here are the photos of my new LN bags by Mutazu, mounted with easybrackets. Total cost $315, including S&H. I wired the turn signals on the bags to the tail light with a quick release plug. This way, when I take off the bags, I am still legal with turn signals.

Attachments

• P1000674.jpg
    P1000674.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 262
Small plug......

If any of you guys (or gals) have leather bags or leather jackets or pants.....or even leather undies....:eek:

The stuff I sell on the website, Blackrock Leather-N-Rich is positively the best preservative and conditioner that you can buy and a little goes a long way.

My wife and I have been using Blackrock on our draft horse show harness for years. It's not readily available like Lexol, it's mostly used by horse people. Other posters here buy it from us and If any chime in, I'm sure they will tell you just how good it is.

As an example, I have a Brooks Leather jacket and matching leather pants that I bought in 1968. Brooks has been out of business since the late 70's. I can't get in the pants anymore (age does increase your waistline a bit, but, the jacket as well as the pants look like new) (I had the jacket on at RAA ES this summer). It's been regularly conditioned with Blackrock and only Blackrock.

I offer single jars, multiple jars and complete cases. You won't be disapointed. It has a money back guarantee just like all my Flipmeisters products.

Back