boale

.020 Over
I'm looking to see if anyone has found the cause for this problem. My 2008 R3T with D&D's, PC5 w A/T has recently developed a low RPM hesitation/ stutter when under load. Normal acceleration with no stutter and no decel popping. I most notice this when in traffic and having to maintain speed at low throttle settings. When I gently open throttle bike sputters a bit then catches up. I changed out the plugs and fuel but no change. Haven't looked at the coils yet but figure they would affect the bike through all power range as well as vacuum lines. Thanks for any input.

Where do you normally fill up? I noticed my bike liked chevron, shell, or 76. And that's it. Anything else and it acted like you are describing.

Thanks for the reply hegels. I've tried different fuels and have added star-tron fuel conditioner but no change. Fuel filter was changed couple hundred miles ago so don't think its the fuel. Never know though.

maybe a "bad" setting on the PC5?
I don't have one of those myself,
but I know with the dobeck I can add fuel in one mode,
and she'll run bad, a pause or hesitation only in that mode,
whether it's idle, cruise, full throttle, or accelerate,
only that particular "mode" would show a negative.

Has anything changed recently? Is the PC5 new? If yes, I'd take it out of the loop to see if it helps. Obviously its either fuel or spark related, so if the fuel filter is good I'd suspect either TPS or coil.

I'm looking to see if anyone has found the cause for this problem. My 2008 R3T with D&D's, PC5 w A/T has recently developed a low RPM hesitation/ stutter when under load. Normal acceleration with no stutter and no decel popping. I most notice this when in traffic and having to maintain speed at low throttle settings. When I gently open throttle bike sputters a bit then catches up. I changed out the plugs and fuel but no change. Haven't looked at the coils yet but figure they would affect the bike through all power range as well as vacuum lines. Thanks for any input.

I have experienced similar misfires and what seemed to be rich running and cutting out at red lights, it seemed to happen a few weeks after I tried different maps, one time I switch off the ignition and restarted and problem cleared, not altogether sure but it seems to be related to the PCv AT system while running in heavy city traffic...I did reload TuneECU maps and cleared PCv AFR table and started PCv process again but it does still seem to faulter in heavy slow trafic conditions.. not certain on the answer yet..

I also have a metalic knock in the exhaust note at cold start I cant pin that down either, can hear it at the rear but not in the running engine area up front, sounds like detonation or similar clears when motor is warm...got me guessing at the moment :confused:

I installed the PCV wA/T about 500 miles ago. The bike ran fine afterwards and only recently started running rough. I haven't heard of the maps corrupting so it might be the A/T input. I'll try disconnecting that and see how she runs. Do you know if the A/T actually changes the PCV map or if I disconnect it will it revert to my latest tune? I'm currently running tune 21-003-003 Rocket Touring Model Triumph slip-ons Stock air filter Tune 020366.

I installed the PCV wA/T about 500 miles ago. The bike ran fine afterwards and only recently started running rough. I haven't heard of the maps corrupting so it might be the A/T input. I'll try disconnecting that and see how she runs. Do you know if the A/T actually changes the PCV map or if I disconnect it will it revert to my latest tune? I'm currently running tune 21-003-003 Rocket Touring Model Triumph slip-ons Stock air filter Tune 020366.

As I understand it the PCv is hooked into harness between the fuel system and the ECU using the O2 every 30 secs as an AFR monitor making adjustments to then base map in the PCv but not changing the ECU map settings.. the ECU sends its normal signals to the PCv and the PCv sends the O2 modified base map settings to the fuel system, so PCv base map is being modified at different throttle positions while your riding. when you decide that the bike is running good you accept the PCv modified base map using the software and it is stored in the PCv secondary memory as the new base map and the O2 process continues. until you accept again.

Not sure what will happen if you Unhook it !!!!.

Does that make sense?? Hanso will tell me if I am wrong Im Sure ;)

Sorry only just saw it don't disconnect anything follow the following steps firstly Check the Can cable between the PCV and the AT Mine was faulty and caused the same issues it was intermitinly doing it, easy way to check is with Laptop computor connected to PCV and holding throttle at above 2%(with engine running) so AT is active jiggle the lead ends at the PCV and the AT the At indicator will flash and flicker and from memory the AFR read stops and starts , I would be really suprised if you haven't got a faulty can cable too the fine terminals were not properly installed inthe plug anwas not making a solid connection i fixed it in the short term by puting a zip tye at an angle to keep pressure on faulty terminal, the good news is dynojet replaced mine as I had only just purchased it but it should be coverd by warranty

Back